Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez DE7

Aside from the self oscillation, is this a good delay?

yes, it is.
    This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
    A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
    It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
    As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
    -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

bang for buck, better than the carbon copy for ambient styles?

Comment

i love mine, when it works, great for ambient but its kinda hard to dial in a subtle sound
        Alvarez rd20sc /Squier VM HSS Strat > Boss GT-5 > Digitech JamMan > Ibanez DE-7 > Crate Vintage Club 20 / Sunn Stinger 35

WTB:
        Boss OD3

Originally Posted by LowWoods

Zappa makes god look like Rick Moranis.

Comment

bang for buck, better than the carbon copy for ambient styles?

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask (I'm not a huge "delay guy", and I've never really seen the advantages of an analog delay), but with the repeats set low, the feedback and delay time pushed high and set on "echo", the ambience sounds really damn good to my ears.
          This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
          A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
          It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
          As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
          -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

"when it works"? Do you have physical problems with it? Or can it just be hard to dial in a good sound?

I'm not really concerned about analog vs digital either. Just want a nice sounding delay without the bells and whistles. The DE7 seems like the cheaper option, but all I ever hear about it is the self oscillation.

Comment

it wont work with a adapter, so i gotta use batteries and when the get a lil drained the light goes off but the pedal remains engaged and i cant tunr it off
              Alvarez rd20sc /Squier VM HSS Strat > Boss GT-5 > Digitech JamMan > Ibanez DE-7 > Crate Vintage Club 20 / Sunn Stinger 35

WTB:
              Boss OD3

Originally Posted by LowWoods

Zappa makes god look like Rick Moranis.

Comment

switches on some of the older tonelok pedals are very very shoddy. I bought a bunch the first few years they were out and on every one of them the switches are questionable at best. It helps if you stomp really really hard

I've heard that the newer ones work much better, but don't have much experience with them.
                Visit the Subdecay Website!Follow Subdecay on facebook & you could win a free pedal.

Comment

ok so.. most ambient delay for less than $150.

Comment

It's a solid delay. I always thought the Carbon Copy was probably better for ambiance - but overall I think that the DE7 is a better all around delay.
                    Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

Love the DE7. For so cheap, its an obvious staple for the stable.
                      blackouteffectors.com

Comment

I did not like the CC at all.

The CC could get nowhere as lush or nice as the DE-7 on echo. I was ready to flip my CC within the first day. I forced myself to come back to it later but still the DE-7 and the Memory Toy for that matter walk all over it for ambient self-oscillating dreamscape stuff.

DE-7 on echo is a thing of beauty.

Comment

the DE-7 is a great delay pedal. better than a lot of boutique stuff i've tried.

Comment

My old bandmate had/has one, it's a great-sounding pedal!
                            My avatar is Lars, no one has PM'd me.

Pedal store (for EU dudes especially):
                            http://www.custom-sounds.com

Music:
                            http://www.myspace.com/internationalspacecenter

Comment

I just bought mine a few days ago for 30 bucks, and it's definitely the best pedal I will ever buy for that cheap. I haven't tried too many delays but this one is pretty damn great. I've heard the switch can be a bitch but I haven't had any troubles yet. It can definitely do some great ambient stuff when you crank up that repeat knob. Overall, it's the most surprising pedal I've ever owned, because I expected much less for what I bought it for. It pretty much blew me out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X