NAD!!!solid state goodness

Brujo13

• Members

got what i think its a good deal on an old Sunn Stinger 35, thing sounds sweet in the clean channel, and pretty good in the dirt fro what i can tell. the reverb in this amp is awesome. its definitely an upgrade from my washbunr bd-25r. which im keeping so i can run stereo.

i cant seem to find any info on the Sunn, only thing i found is taht they where made from 78 to 83. Its got 2 foot-switchable channels and reverb, separate EQ for each channel, im having some problems with the drive channel, the pots sound scratchy but they feel smooth, it seems that like some of the pots may be loose or something or there might be a crack on the board cause if i put pressure on them the volume jumps erratically and sometimes i can get it to work right and sounds awesome.

the amp has a lot off "feel" to it, it sounds natural, and has a 3d swirly harmonic sound, something i find most often in tube amps.

its in pretty good shape and sounds, reminds me a lot of my old classic 30 in the clean and drive channel. ill post some pics of it tomorrow, along with some gut shot as well, im gonna open it up tomorrow to take a look at that board and see whats the problem with the drive channel.

• Members
I have never even seen one of these, let alone heard it.

i couldnt find a picture online either but here it is...

as you can see its a very unique looking Marshall MG...

IMG00156.jpg

CopyofIMG00150.jpg

no gut sot didnt open it today, since the drive channel was working properly

• Members

im not sure what going on, the drive channel seem to be working properly today, though the master volume still crackles when turned, the amp sounds sweet, even the drive channel is awesome.

might still open it up if it starts giving me trouble again

• Members

Sounds like the pots could use a cleaning :thu:

im not sure what going on, the drive channel seem to be working properly today, though the master volume still crackles when turned, the amp sounds sweet, even the drive channel is awesome.

might still open it up if it starts giving me trouble again

Archived