I need to build a switch..

dr_love6977

• Members

Here's my conundrum: I have a 2ch Dual Recto that I gig with. I play in a bar band, so I need 3 levels of gain minimum. I have my orange channel set to clean, and my red channel set to modern. I use a DOD OD250 with the Analogman Mojo mod on my clean channel for crunch. Herein lies my problem. If I'm going from clean to high gain, or vice versa, I just use my amp switching. If I'm going from crunch (the OD) to high gain, or vice versa, I have to hit my channel switch and the OD at the same time, so that the OD's not running while my amp's in high gain. This sucks, as sometimes I miss, especially if the stage is dark. I really like the character of my amp, so I don't want to sell it for a 3 channel.

Does anyone have any ideas on building a switch (not MIDI) that could accomplish amp switching, and somehow automatically engagining/disengaging the OD? Maybe having the OD in a bypass-loop, somehow connected to the amp switch as well. I don't know, I'm kind of at my wit's end with this.

• Members

The easiest way I can think of off-hand is to build new footswitch with a TB loop to put your pedal in and put the footswitch for that close enough that you can push both with your foot at the same time (or not if need be)

kinda like this double rat

d0e169a4deba653a96e25f54d5db27ba.jpg

• Members

The easiest way I can think of off-hand is to build new footswitch with a TB loop to put your pedal in and put the footswitch for that close enough that you can push both with your foot at the same time (or not if need be)

I was sort of thinking the same thing.

• Members

This is easily done with a standard 3PDT stompswitch. I built a footswitch for my Mesa Studio .22 that puts an "attenuator" (100K ohm volume pot) in my effects loop when I engage the lead boost. Now I can control the 'lead' volume independently of the clean volume. Not the same as your application but similar. Use one pole of the switch to activate your amps channel switching, and use the other two poles to act as a switchable bypass for your OD pedal.

Archived