New effectology video!

baranger1

• Members

Electro-Harmonix Effectology, Vol.18 World Sounds

In this episode I explore exotic sounds of the world using a guitar and effect pedals.

I show the individual pedal settings at the EHX forum listed below.

Tune in and turn on!

Video:

MrdA6irFwdc

Pedal settings and how-to:

http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/3798/

The entire series can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Effectology#p/u

Thanks for watching!

Bill Ruppert

• Members

{censored}ing great stuff.

too bad EHX has been making such shoddy pedals lately, the ideas are killer, the execution has been sucking big time IME.

Total crap quality, I mean people used to think the old stuff was shoddy (and it is kinda) but the new stuff is really bad. I've bought two pedals from them in the last two years and both are pretty much {censored}ed.

To make matters worse, the customer service I've had was bad too.

But you make some great sounds with them.

• Members

{censored}ing great stuff.

too bad EHX has been making such shoddy pedals lately, the ideas are killer, the execution has been sucking big time IME.

Total crap quality, I mean people used to think the old stuff was shoddy (and it is kinda) but the new stuff is really bad. I've bought two pedals from them in the last two years and both are pretty much {censored}ed.

To make matters worse, the customer service I've had was bad too.

But you make some great sounds with them.

What did you do to them? What went wrong?

• Members

memory boy delay pedal, doesn't keep a constant delay time, sometimes you'll get 500 ms out of it, sometimes 350... who knows :idk:

new neo clone chorus, clips so bad (even with single coils) that it sounds like you're using a dirt pedal with it.

shame on me for giving them another chance I guess.

• Members

memory boy delay pedal, doesn't keep a constant delay time, sometimes you'll get 500 ms out of it, sometimes 350... who knows
:idk:

new neo clone chorus, clips so bad (even with single coils) that it sounds like you're using a dirt pedal with it.

shame on me for giving them another chance I guess.

That's what I thought.

Buy something that costs more, and you'll soon realise that ehx doesn't make crappy pedals in general. They make a significant amount of cheap pedals that are obviously not as reliable as the more expensive ones. You can't expect a pedal to have high sound quality, be original and reliable for a small price. In general, you get what you pay for.

• Members

EHX needs to make a giant modular synth megarack with basically all of their cool circuits built into it and user-routed with patch cables. Except make it affordable. $10,000 modular synths are awesome and scary, but EHX clearly has it going on with a lot of their sounds as these videos demonstrate, so why not put it all together in one package for people who want the cool flavor of their stuff in a more conventional synth format, and for a more reasonable price?

Also, hiring you (you are paid to do all this stuff, right?) was one of the smartest things EHX has ever done.

• Members

EHX needs to make a giant modular synth megarack with basically all of their cool circuits built into it and user-routed with patch cables. Except make it affordable. $10,000 modular synths are awesome and scary, but EHX clearly has it going on with a lot of their sounds as these videos demonstrate, so why not put it all together in one package for people who want the cool flavor of their stuff in a more conventional synth format, and for a more reasonable price?

Also, hiring you (you are paid to do all this stuff, right?) was one of the smartest things EHX has ever done.

Not many people would buy that.

• Members

Here's a sound I got with Amplitube Fender back when it was still in beta using the Fender Blender, heavy reverb, and the champ 600.

stats.png

It's not exact, and the Blender's octave action helped, but a sort of starved sounding fuzz plus some reverb definitely will help your guitar sound somewhat sitar-ish. More than that, though, is just playing. Sitars are played with intervals that sound somewhat exotic to Western ears because we're more used to 12 tones and half steps whereas there are a lot of microtonal elements to the sound of a sitar; in that clip, I just did quarter-step bends and stuff like that, but more attention paid to playing can definitely help you get that kind of sound.

• Members

I have always wanted to build a modular system like that!

Problem is it would never be finished as new stuff is always coming out.

I dig your sitar sound as well!

Bill

Archived