is the hype over the EHX Memory Toy over yet?

gambit

• Members

I thought the modulation was adequate. I would have preferred a little more control over it, but for the $, tough to complain. Not a bad delay, not great, but pretty good value considering. Delay time on the one I had was considerably better than the DMM I once had.

• Members

:poke:

but seriously, how are they? the modulation seems to add WAY too much.. how tweakable is it.. i presume there's trim pots for modulation depth at least?

is it chorus or vibrato modulation?

FWIW, I just bought a Way Huge Aqua-Puss and I've owned the EH memory toy for 3-4 months

I returned the WH aqua-puss because it didn't have the longer delay times or the modulation

If you don't like the modulation effect on the EH memory toy, just adjust the trim pot. there are many sites that explain how this is done

Like i said, I am a WH fanboi (see my sig) but the aqua-puss was a big let-down IMO...............................................

• Members

what's the volume boost about specifically?

is the dry signal boosted, or is it just the volume of the delays giving it a perceived volume boost? how equal are the dry/wet volumes when set at 50/50 mix?

on my Memory Boy if you are set to 50/50 wet/dry the signals are equal, and at unity gain. If you back the blend towards the dry signal lower than about 11:00 the whole pedals signal gets boosted more and more the further toward dry you go....kind of annoying, but useful as a boost for solo's with delay I guess.

• Members

on my Memory Boy if you are set to 50/50 wet/dry the signals are equal, and at unity gain. If you back the blend towards the dry signal lower than about 11:00 the whole pedals signal gets boosted more and more the further toward dry you go....kind of annoying, but useful as a boost for solo's with delay I guess.

cheers. that's a really odd way of designing a mix knob!

Archived