New Mixerman book - Zen and the Art of Mixing

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mixerman book - Zen and the Art of Mixing

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2691999

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Not buying anything Mixerman related until you out his identity
    www.WamplerPedals.com (as of Dec. 2010) Questions or comments? Contact us!
    Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

"Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun." - Aedes

Comment

I said for ages that, although it was not hard to figure out his identity (since many people had already "outed" him), I would keep my word to him and not do so myself. I honored that, and never - not once - broke my word.

I'm not going to refer to him as anything else besides "Mixerman" in public for as long as he continues to actively use that as his moniker. However, since he has outed himself, and you could find that with a simple Google search, I'll provide the link for you and let you read what he has to say on the matter for yourself.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

I like how he addresses the issue of who the band is.
        The Rig 8/29/10

Good Deals: Clorox, Jess Williams, Wacopacco, moon shadow, Johan.Sie, denogaret, thefragile103, deovinde11, thatmullingskid, rabott13, Surrealistic Brillo

Comment

Yeah, I had a few chuckles while reading his disclaimers.

- George Carlin

Comment

Even in the excerpts of what I read online, I was thinking that it sounded alot like fiction--for two reasons. One, something that crazy is unheard of. I've heard crazy studio stories, and that one just seemed exceptionally embellished. Two, as he addresses the fact of potential lawsuits, any band that he was writing about--even in an alias and with names changed--seemed like it could never be properly protected without it eventually ending in a lawsuit.....pending that it was true, of course. The best scenario that I could see was that it was a compilation of alot of different sessions that went wrong.

If something's fiction, cool. I'm fine with that, but be upfront about it. If it's not, it's misleading and selling a product that's untrue, I think. Mixerman is the James Frey of the rock world.

Comment

I said for ages that, although it was not hard to figure out his identity (since many people had already "outed" him), I would keep my word to him and not do so myself. I honored that, and never - not once - broke my word.

I'm not going to refer to him as anything else besides "Mixerman" in public for as long as he continues to actively use that as his moniker. However, since he has outed himself, and you could find that with a simple Google search, I'll provide the link for you and let you read what he has to say on the matter for yourself.

Phil, I think... I think I just got owned... by you... and I just... I need a hug?
              Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

:hugz:

- George Carlin

Comment

I always wanted Mixerman to be you, though, you know, that's gone now. Ah, well, I can pretend.

So it was The Ataris, then? Huh.
                  Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

I can neither confirm or deny the identity of Bitchslap, or even if they were a "real" band or purely fictional.

Disclaimers - aka "CYA"

- George Carlin

Comment

PS It always cracked me up when people thought I was MM. I always thought that was funny - I mean really - is my writing style anything like that? I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that I could create an alter-ego and a persona, but I've always been pretty much WYSIWYG - as anyone who has met me in "real life" will usually attest.

- George Carlin

Comment

I can neither confirm or deny the identity of Bitchslap, or even if they were a "real" band or purely fictional.

Disclaimers - aka "CYA"

Word.

As to the other bit, no, I never suspected you were MM - frankly, there's something a little bit underhanded about it, as hilarious as it is to read, a little unprofessional and you've never struck me as the kind of guy that would write something like that, even as a fabrication. You're up front, and that was, well, not. My opinion, of course, and it's still funny.
                        Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

I can't wait to read this.
                          My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

I just finished reading mixerman on monday. Read it in three days. Such an entertaining read.

I'll definitely be picking this up.
                            I survived the great HC Crxsh of 2009.

Founder of the Ampeg Flight Crew
                            Founder of the Classic Vibe Cool Guys
                            Commissioner of the Spring Chicken Sophisticates

Originally Posted by Kid_A

TEH DRUMZ ARE CLIPPING WTF

Originally Posted by ben_allison

Tubes are electronic devices, not incontrovertible truths that hold the Universe together.

Formerly known as thefragile103 / Anderer

Comment

I always assumed it was a conglomeration of several bands.
                              good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                              soundcloud
                              facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X