The Sweet Spot (traynor content)

echodeluxe

• Members

so my amp right now is a 70 something traynor guitar mate reverb, show here:

4936847265_221552437a_b.jpg

ive always dug it. the reverb is weak (tank might be crappy, might have a problem somewhere in the circuit who knows) but the trem is amazing, and its perfect size/power for me.

so today i was in the basement writing, and i had the amp on like three and i wasnt really digging the sound. it was kinda flat, i guess. i was tweaking with the eq and then i figured "maybe if i turn it up..."

well, theres your answer. right after 6 on the volume, it just turns into a dynamic full frequency monster. its riding the line of breakup, and will clip a little if you hit the strings hard, and its just fat and harmonically rich and awesome. chords sound huge and notes are full and sustain amazingly.

then i kick on the fulldrive and HOLY{censored}DICKS, its a friggin hit.

so, quit {censored}ing around with your settings and endless dirt pedals that emulate tube amps. just get a decent amp and crank the {censored}er. tube amps dont sound better than {censored} until you hit those power tubes harder. duh.

CSB/tl;dr/you fap you fail/its not a klon

• Members

I've been thinking real hard about getting the re-issue they've got out. I've tried it out a couple of times and, like you, was really impressed by the trem and the reverb I thought was pretty good. What kind of speaker does yours have and are your tubes EL-84's.

Nice Canadian Amp!!

• Members

I totally agree with the premise here. I love cranking my AC15c1, maybe a little touch of SHOD or a fuzz face, and crank the {censored}er. My ears are usually ringing fairly quickly though, so ya gotta be careful.

Archived