And So I Watch You From Afar

ambientnoize

• Members

Was lucky enough to see one of my favourite bands whilst on exchange in Copenhagen last week, at a really small venue in Christiania.

The band are from Belfast/surrounding towns, but have played quite a lot in Glasgow over the past two years. So it's a band I really want to support. Recently supported Them Crooked Vultures.. i think a few HCFX'ers would be into them.

I hope some of you guys have heard of them, if not, here's some videos!

9ylXuohxaYg

M-SfKRcVqXg

couple of points to note is that the guys get so into the music it's contagious. some parts are pretty heavy both soundwise and technique, and they pull it off with complete ease.. also, the guitarist has thought of some really cool ways of implementing the PS-5 and hold delay function on the DD-6. Immense.

• Members

Yep. I do love instrumental music, but sometimes it gets slightly repetitive, especially instrumental bands that play on loud/quiet contrasts all the time with loads of delay (i do love delay but sometimes this kinda music sounds so similar from song 1 to 10)

What's refreshing about ASIWYFA is the fact they are instrumental music, but it's completely pumped up riffing. With some dotted LOUD/quiet contrasts kicking about.

• Members

Good band. Their label were interested in us but ultimately wouldn't sign us because we sounded 'too similar'...

ah wow, was that small town america?

i guess they've just been around so long, it's their time to make something. your time will come soon, i'm positive ;)

Archived