FxForum, i need ya help! - What kinda pedal would be able to recreate this sound?

Night Dreamer

• Members

for all i know, there is already a pedal readily available that does this...

anyways...

ive recorded two albums or so worth of material on my computer (and you can listen to it all in my signature) but on a few songs I recorded the guitar through GuitarRig in to Ableton and used some of their FX. one of the effects i used is called "Cut Off" -

check out this song.. its the guitar chord at around 1 minute in.

[video=youtube;QUQLxcxiYGE]

heres another song i did that uses the sound a little bit more out front. just listen to the guitar for the first couple seconds.

[video=youtube;po6_y5b6E4s]

ive heard some tremolo pedals that might be able to approximate the sound, but i have yet to see a pedal that does the full on cut off sound. sorta that REM guitar sound, i guess. one that has a sorta tap-tempo feature would be fantastic as well.

anyways, thanks for the help! - id rather not have to run my guitar through my laptop! :lol:

• Members

Great songs.

I agree with Spacemen 3 style tremolo, the EQD Hummingbird is a clone of that device.

Most people will say a square wave trem with depth maxed, and that will do the trick for sure, but personally....

For the ultiment chop I've discovered using a ramp down waveshape works wonders.... personal preferance for that sort thing.

Archived