Vox AC15CC1 vs AC15C1

schecterc1lh

• Members

What are the differences in these amps? I know the C1 comes stock with a greenback, and that it has the normal channel, but what are the other differences? The CC1's are selling for much cheaper, and if all that is different is those 2 things, i could just replace the speaker, and since i dont plan on using the normal channel either way, i wouldnt be losing anything. I was just wondering if the schematic is slightly different as far as sound, or if it is just a few features and the speaker difference. Thanks!

• Members

I also think the jacks on the newer AC15c1 are improved. Don't discount the normal channel on the new version though. I have found that this channel just sounds better with single coils. I'm not sure why, but on my tele and strat, it just sounds bigger. the other channel I use with my Les Paul because I can dial in or out the bass a little better.

You might be able to find a nice deal on a nearly new AC15c1 that would make it worth it. I got mine for $450 off of a forumite here, great deal, great forumite too. You might find something similarly, and it seems at least to me, to be worth spending a bit more for this amp than the cc version, which I also think had some fuse issues too, though I could be wrong on that.

• Members

I also think the jacks on the newer AC15c1 are improved. Don't discount the normal channel on the new version though. I have found that this channel just sounds better with single coils. I'm not sure why, but on my tele and strat, it just sounds bigger. the other channel I use with my Les Paul because I can dial in or out the bass a little better.

You might be able to find a nice deal on a nearly new AC15c1 that would make it worth it. I got mine for $450 off of a forumite here, great deal, great forumite too. You might find something similarly, and it seems at least to me, to be worth spending a bit more for this amp than the cc version, which I also think had some fuse issues too, though I could be wrong on that.

Two channels you can blend (I forget if it has 4 inputs, but A/B/Y boxes are possible) and a greenback. I'd say it's plenty worth it.

• Members

Thanks for the responses guys! I will look on that other thread and see what i can figure out, but as far as if you had the two, top boost channel vs top boost channel, with the a greenback in both, would there be any difference in sound? I have played the C1, and i loved it, and i used the TB channel with the tone cut pretty much off, so im not sure that it would play a huge role in which on to get (it would be a great feature to have, but im not sure how much i would use it. I play with humbuckers almost always, so the treble isnt insane with the tone cut off). I am just wondering in a direct comparison, how would they compare?

Archived