No announcement yet.

OT: Cheap Pedal Steel Guitars?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cheap Pedal Steel Guitars?

Anybody know any cheap pedal steels? I remember there being one at Rondo, but it seems they are empty. Came with a case too, what a shame.
    Love,
    Matthew

✌ ♥☺

The Carter student models used to be pretty reasonable. I don't know if they make them anymore.

And yeah, this question is relevant to my interests.
    My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

not cheap particularly, but some good starters would be The Red Baron or Sidekick by MSA, a Carter Starter or a Sho-Bud Maverick.
      good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

The Carter Starter is about as inexpensive as you're going to find in a reliable package (I see these pop up used all the time on the CL, usually around $400, not a bad deal for what you get?). They have the basic number of pedals/knee levers and a good modern changer. Not really that upgradable but pretty much everything is there to learn on without major setup hassles and tuning issues.

Comment

The Carter Starter is about as inexpensive as you're going to find in a reliable package (I see these pop up used all the time on the CL, usually around $400, not a bad deal for what you get?). They have the basic number of pedals/knee levers and a good modern changer. Not really that upgradable but pretty much everything is there to learn on without major setup hassles and tuning issues.

That isn't a bad deal at all. I guess I've never seen them on Craigslist anywhere where I have lived.
          My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

Working...
          X