Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you claim yourself as a dependent on your tax return?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you claim yourself as a dependent on your tax return?

My friend asked me about this and I figured I could do a quick google search and find an easy to understand answer for him... HOLY **************** there seem to be a lot of people out there who think they can claim themselves as a dependent. It amazes me the government lets people do their own taxes.

I think it's a crock of **************** I can claim my g/f as a dependent but I can't claim head of household status
    Grind
    http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Doesn't the form tell you to list your dependents or, if you have none, to give yourself one point for yourself?
    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Doesn't the form tell you to list your dependents or, if you have none, to give yourself one point for yourself?

Nah because you're already getting the standard deduction for yourself. You can't claim yourself again as a separate dependent.
      Grind
      http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

I claim everyone and everything in my house as a dependent, including all 3 dogs, 2 cats, 27 fish, etc.

Comment

Nah because you're already getting the standard deduction for yourself. You can't claim yourself again as a separate dependent.

Yeah, this.

Also -- heart thread for reminding me to do my taxes.
          octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.
          also starring: Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, Venture Bros. DVDs

Comment

Ugh tax time
            First Act Delgada/ Greco LP Custom/ Partscaster Strat/ Squier Jazzmaster/Kramer Striker>Pitchblack > WH10> Organizer > Fuzz Factory> Tonebender MKII Pro> STUD > Octavio> Whammy IV > V3 Big Muff; Super Hard On > Whetstone> Instant Lo Fi> PS3> Delaylab>AC30My Good Transactions

Comment

anyone with a ssn; moochy neighbors included.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

[SPOILER]NO[/SPOILER]

Comment

one time i accidentally 93 dependents

Comment

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4165/saturday-night-live-census-taker
                    jazzhat.tumblr.com

Comment

[this thread]

Wow.

Comment

Fortunately, I get free tax help with my current job, because my tax situation if ****************ED UP!

I live and work overseas as a Gov't contractor, which means I'm tax exempt (except FICA), I am common-law married to a foreigner, I paid a ****************-ton of money for my Masters degree, plus interest on my undergrad student loans, plus investment. I'm just going to bring all my tax forms and cross my fingers.
                        Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

Fortunately, I get free tax help with my current job, because my tax situation if ****************ED UP!

plus you live in turkey

Comment

I live and work overseas as a Gov't contractor, which means I'm tax exempt (except FICA), I am common-law married to a foreigner, I paid a ****************-ton of money for my Masters degree, plus interest on my undergrad student loans, plus investment. I'm just going to bring all my tax forms and cross my fingers.

How much did you pay in tuition?

I ended up paying like $6100 for the year for being a full-time student and ended up getting a ton back.
                            He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Working...
                            X