HCFX cycling club.

Loobs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ride all the time in the summer. MTB for 10 years then switched to road. Currently working in the industry as a bike fitter as i've gone back to school and needed a decent paying PT job.

I dont commute much anymore as i live close enough to work to make it not worth while but i did for years and miss it, guaranteed exercise ie. stay slim without trying...

• Members

I used to ride a lot more in college. We lived downtown and only had one car so... quite a bit of riding.

These days, I can't ride to work as I need my car for work. I tend to get in about 400-800 miles a year of general riding and try to make it to a big park with a fellow forumite for another few hundred miles.

I have a couple other bikes, but I mostly ride this older steel Bianchi. Mostly Campy Chorus and Veloce. I had the wheels built up with good rims and beefy spokes this year and new Armadillo tires.

DSC_6789a1.jpg

Bought this one mid-season last year, not for mountain/hill/trail use, but one of the areas I bike has absolutely terrible roads. It's a Surly 1x1, mostly built up to be lightweight. Raceface, Easton, Surly, Salsa and Avid components. Got a great deal on it used. Only put about 300 miles on so far.

DSC_6755a1.jpg

I've put more miles on this bike than any other in my life. Not sure what year it is as I bought it very used, but I've had it since 1999, I think. I know I've put 8,000 miles on it minimum. Got a new wheelset a few years back and swapped out for a White Industries crankset that I got on a used bike I bought to flip. I need to get a new set of brake lever/shifters as the front shifter broke so I took the front derailleur off. Still, been a good bike. Excuse the suspension seatpost. I was just trying out that saddle which came on a bike with the cheesy seatpost... post fit so I just went with it for a while. LOVE the saddle though. Probably my second favorite ever. Bought another wheelset for it last year but haven't got it tired-up and going just yet.

DSC_5453a1.jpg

• Members

I have a 2010 Fuji Sunfire 1.0 that I freaking love!

I was riding 5.5 miles to work and then 5.5 back everyday before I came out here to school. Now the streets are scary as {censored} and the sidewalks are full of people. I wish I could ride as much as I used to because I really miss it.

• Members

But....
Shoreditch.

I don't really know much about shoreditch but i'll assume by your comment that its a hipster ass part of london where skinny kids ride old steel frame bikes with fixed gear hubs and have track stand competitions whilst drinking "imported" PBR wearing boat shoes...

• Members

I ride about 5 miles every day. Only live 1.3 miles from my school, but it's all 8% grade at 8am so I think it's enough for me. I've been biking out to the bay every chance I get to do a little amateur bouldering. Tired of being a gym climber. That's not the prompt but it's relevant to my biking and I go to Fairhaven so suck it, prompt

• Members

I ride about 5 miles every day. Only live 1.3 miles from my school, but it's all 8% grade at 8am so I think it's enough for me. I've been biking out to the bay every chance I get to do a little amateur bouldering. Tired of being a gym climber. That's not the prompt but it's relevant to my biking and I go to Fairhaven so suck it, prompt

yeah i'm sick of gym climbing too, what do you use for a crash pad? i assume you can't haul one on your bike.

Archived