No announcement yet.

Which echodrive?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which echodrive?

I plan on getting a sib echodrive for a slapback effect to warm and fatten up my tone. I read the blues get muddy when delaying, but mine would barely being doing much delaying. Which colour of the echodrive would benefit me more then blue or red?

Just for reference, you ARE prepared to spend upwards of $700, right?

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?MA2ShowItems&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1&r t=nc&_fln=1&_nkw=echodrive&LH_Complete=1&guest=1

(That link will require you to sign in, but it should still work.)
    Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

yeah the blues are like 700 right? Reds are like 300?

Comment

With all of the decent delays on the market now why would want something used that you're unsure of? No judgement. Just curious.
        A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. - Rand

www.mojohandfx.com
        www.facebook.com/mojohandfx

Comment

The tubes, and josh homme factor

Comment

Can someone actually answer my question?

Comment

hahahah

I was attempting to make sure you knew what you were getting into in terms of price-point, and Brad was attempting to make sure you knew there were plenty of other easily obtainable/well-reviewed alternatives to a very specific and pricey unit.

No, I do not know which color Echodrive will "warm and fatten up your tone" best; waiting more than an hour for someone who's tried both the red and blue Echodrives to find your post, read it, then respond - probably a good idea.

Just sayin'.
              Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

If you haven't already checked there, try thegearpage.net

Those dudes are much more likely to have actually given the Echodrives a spin. SIB is amazing stuff, though. I'm sure they both rule.
                Founding father of the Fulldrive IIth Fairies

Comment

I think there is a blue one on the bay now, with a $999 buy it now option.. hurry!

Good deals lonk

Comment

I played through a blue one last night - it will do what you're wanting. I didn't find it muddy at all.

Comment

But which will be better for what i want? The red or the blue?

Comment

just compromise and go with the purple one

Comment

Btw does the catalinbeard sft mimic old ampegs well? erksin

Comment

Haven't tried the red so I can't say. The blue is a great pedal though - I don't think it s $700 worth of great, but it sounds VERY good.

Obviously I'm biased, but yeah - I think the SFT nails the Ampeg tone and playing response.

Comment

I personally wouldn't get an echodrive just to use for slapback
                              The blue is too expensive, and to use the red for just slapback would be a waste
                              Erksin would recommend the Analogman AR20DL for slapback (which I would second, using one for that purpose right now)
                              I would also suggest just about any 80s BBD delay
                              Jbrazz (lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X