OT: Phoenix forum members... good hotels/areas to spend 1 night? I-10 & 51st st?

hangwire

• Members

going down to spring traning... nearest grouping of hotels to the park is I-10 & 51st street

need to hit a grocery store near Maryvale or the hotel for a picnic lunch... so area where we stay as out of towners is somewhat important

give me some local info :thu:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You must mean 51st Ave. Not my side of town, but looking at Googlemaps, just pick your favorite corporate flavor at 51st Ave and I-10. There are grocery stores on just about every major crossroads (1 mi. grid) in the whole Valley; shouldn't be hard to sort that out.

The only resort I'm aware of in that vicinity is the Wigwam, which is about 10 mi. to the west, but that's pricey.

• Members

yes. maryvale is scary, be careful.

what training facility are you talking abut? are you sure it's in the maryvale area?

maryvale baseball park, on Indian school and 51st

we might just do the la quinta there...

goodhonk... any groceries stores about that area where 2 out of towners can go and get some fancy cheese and picnic stuffs? phoenix ranch market on camelback and 67th?

• Members

maryvale baseball park, on Indian school and 51st

we might just do the la quinta there...

goodhonk... any groceries stores about that area where 2 out of towners can go and get some fancy cheese and picnic stuffs?
phoenix ranch market on camelback and 67th
?

you might wanna bring a translator. . . .

are you renting a car or no?

• Members

you might wanna bring a translator. . . .

are you renting a car or no?

yup... so backup is maybe just get a place by the airport and drive everywhere is maryvale is that scummy....

just wanted to combine a nice day in the sun with my wife and have a picnic on the berm with some brie and gouda and veggies...

• Members

The picnic will be be at the brewers game in their outfield berm

Is there an aj's near maryvale/Glendale?

Oh- how much is gas out there since we might be driving more?

- and yes sodona was cool... We took horses out for a day a few years ago and visited those 3 mining towns with the initial designating the town as you approach... But this will be a weather/baseball/ quick trip stay :thu:

Any historic or labdmark hotels out near Tempe?

• Members

i doubt you'd find an aj's in maryvale, maybe further west out towards goodyear and surprise. the only historic hotel i know of is in downtown phx and i believe it's being used for the homeless. we don't have anything over 100 years old here, and most buildings are less than 30. there is nothing to see here, and next weekend it's supposed to be pretty cold and wet.

• Members

Forecast says 70s and no chance for precipitation .... And good point ^ :lol:

Yeah some searching on my phone last night only pulled up the San Carlos hotel which does not have many good things review wise.

I might just priceline bid it and spin the wheel of fate do to say... But stick to Tempe and surprise areas, avoid downtown and the area west Phoenix in the title?

• Members
^ no that would be weird " hi honey, this nice stranger I met online wants us to stay at his place... He ALSO has tons of pedals..."

But it is a kind offer nonetheless
:D

Yeah, I didn't realize Phoenix was so polarized...

she would see guitars get busted out and immediatly ask my wife if she wanted to hit up ikea or something :lol:

• Members

fwiu, there are more millionaires here than anywhere else in the U.S.; however, they live on the mountains and in north scottsdale. in phoenix there are some super nice areas, but if you go outside of your neighborhood you will see monsters. most of these monsters congregate around walmarts and cell phone stores. i live near a walmart.

• Members

fwiu, there are more millionaires here than anywhere else in the U.S.; however, they live on the mountains and in north scottsdale. in phoenix there are some super nice areas, but if you go outside of your neighborhood you will see monsters. most of these monsters congregate around walmarts and cell phone stores. i am a monster.

fixed

• Members
Forecast says 70s and no chance for precipitation .... And good point ^
:lol:

Yeah some searching on my phone last night only pulled up the San Carlos hotel which does not have many good things review wise.

I might just priceline bid it and spin the wheel of fate do to say... But stick to Tempe and surprise areas, avoid downtown and the area west Phoenix in the title?

Went downtown the other day and saw the San Carlos hotel, it's kind of neat but beyond that, it's nothing. I enjoy seeing downtown every now and then since I grew up in the suburbs of NW Phx. I think Tempe is the way to go!

Archived