Effectology Vol.21 Turn your guitar into an Irish tin whistle

baranger1

• Members

Happy St. Pat's everybody!

Here is a brand new Effectology show.

Effectology Vol.21 "Turn your guitar into a string synth and Irish tin whistle."

In this episode I show how to turn a regular guitar into a string synthesizer and Irish tin whistle.

Celebrate St. Pat's day and the sound of Ireland with a guitar and effect pedals!

Video:

IqjVeulLZFs

Pedal settings and how-to:

http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/4512/

The entire series can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Effectology#p/u

Thanks for watching,

Bill Ruppert

• Members

{censored}, Im so tired of seeing and hearing synth, fake instrument and ambient guitar sounds.

This has been massively overdone, I cant even play without reverb anymore
:mad:

Dyou want some phaser on the slow parts and some chicken pickin instead? :idk:

Anyway, OP, as always your FX skillage and love of EHX blows my mind... :)

• Members

Dyou want some phaser on the slow parts and some chicken pickin instead?
:idk:

You got me wrong. It is just my two cents on all that stuff lately. I was a more experimental guy a few months earlier but I just heard enough of all this {censored}. A few years ago I probably would like the video and think "whoah, {censored} is cool". Im just honest when I say that basically all just sounds the same in my ears and this whole ambient, synth and fake instrument {censored} has been overdone. On a sidenote, Bill already had some VERY similar sounds in some of his videos before.

And further: My own playing did not profit from all the reverbs, delays etc. I have used all the time.

• Members

You got me wrong. It is just my two cents on all that stuff lately. I was a more experimental guy a few months earlier but I just heard enough of all this {censored}. A few years ago I probably would like the video and think "whoah, {censored} is cool". Im just honest when I say that basically all just sounds the same in my ears and this whole ambient, synth and fake instrument {censored} has been overdone. On a sidenote, Bill already had some VERY similar sounds in some of his videos before.

And further: My own playing did not profit from all the reverbs, delays etc. I have used all the time.

It's surprising that you even bothered participating in the thread then.

Awesome sounds. Like that Titanic Celine Deon song.

• Members

Kind of having a point here..

Effectology videos are great, but that kind of reverb-y feedback with chord swells is getting really boring.

• Members

The fact the guy takes time out to make these videos is credit to him. Armchair critics gona hate.

In fact he earns money by doing it and I left some credit more than once. Some effectologys where great but still, I heard enough off it and just wanted to tell my opinion. As said before, it was not ment offensive but calling me a armchair critic just shows you dont even want to understand what im saying.

Archived