Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effectology Vol.21 Turn your guitar into an Irish tin whistle

Happy St. Pat's everybody!
    Here is a brand new Effectology show.

Effectology Vol.21 "Turn your guitar into a string synth and Irish tin whistle."

In this episode I show how to turn a regular guitar into a string synthesizer and Irish tin whistle.
    Celebrate St. Pat's day and the sound of Ireland with a guitar and effect pedals!

Video:

Pedal settings and how-to:
    http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/4512/

The entire series can be viewed here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Effectology#p/u

Thanks for watching,
    Bill Ruppert

****************, Im so tired of seeing and hearing synth, fake instrument and ambient guitar sounds.

This has been massively overdone, I cant even play without reverb anymore

Comment

****************, Im so tired of seeing and hearing synth, fake instrument and ambient guitar sounds.

This has been massively overdone, I cant even play without reverb anymore

Dyou want some phaser on the slow parts and some chicken pickin instead?

Anyway, OP, as always your FX skillage and love of EHX blows my mind...
      The Black Dove Experiment
      EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

Tin whistle
        Originally Posted by ambient

something SOVIET RUSSIA something something something YOU

Comment

Is there any other way to use a phaser ?
          ---------------------------------------
          Looking for

Good Trades with = BSL / OT? / Metareal / Gambit / Barnaby Hardly / MaximusBassMan / Astatine / Messiah (Rose Lane Music) / Red Riviera / Melx / Beexter / Tengo / Kid_A / Mr Benn / joncyberboy / django5 / ChrisB / Slowlife / Heartfeltdawn

Links

Comment

Heh, nice.
            Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

You got me wrong. It is just my two cents on all that stuff lately. I was a more experimental guy a few months earlier but I just heard enough of all this ****************. A few years ago I probably would like the video and think "whoah, **************** is cool". Im just honest when I say that basically all just sounds the same in my ears and this whole ambient, synth and fake instrument **************** has been overdone. On a sidenote, Bill already had some VERY similar sounds in some of his videos before.

And further: My own playing did not profit from all the reverbs, delays etc. I have used all the time.

Comment

You got me wrong. It is just my two cents on all that stuff lately. I was a more experimental guy a few months earlier but I just heard enough of all this ****************. A few years ago I probably would like the video and think "whoah, **************** is cool". Im just honest when I say that basically all just sounds the same in my ears and this whole ambient, synth and fake instrument **************** has been overdone. On a sidenote, Bill already had some VERY similar sounds in some of his videos before.

And further: My own playing did not profit from all the reverbs, delays etc. I have used all the time.

It's surprising that you even bothered participating in the thread then.

Awesome sounds. Like that Titanic Celine Deon song.
                Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

Comment

that sounds awesome.

you guys need to figure how Scott Kelly produces this toanz on guitar:

"15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Don't mind the haters, Bill, the vid was awesome. Ingenious but great playing also - very tin whistle-y.

Comment

Kind of having a point here..

Effectology videos are great, but that kind of reverb-y feedback with chord swells is getting really boring.

Good deals lonk

Comment

love the jem, always wanted one of those...and your effectiveness (lol) is always awesome...
                        Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

darwood ftw.

more importantly, can you turn my tin whistle into a guitar?
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Kind of having a point here..

Effectology videos are great, but that kind of reverb-y feedback with chord swells is getting really boring.

Then show us something different
                            The Black Dove Experiment
                            EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

that sounds awesome.

you guys need to figure how Scott Kelly produces this toanz on guitar:

Are you sure it's a guitar?
                              Originally Posted by ambient

something SOVIET RUSSIA something something something YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X