fulltone OCD - best version?

sleewell

No idea which version mine is, but I like it more than the DLS

I have both, and I like both a great deal. They're both Marshall flavored overdrives, but IMO, they're going for different Marshall flavors. If you're looking for a heavier, more modern Marshall (JCM800) then the DLS is probably the better choice. If you are after more of a JTM45 type of vibe, then I'd recommend going with the OCD.

YMMV. :)

• Members

I've never played a V4, but based on this video, I'd say it's no contest - V3 is the winner. And that's the one I happen to have. Great pedal.
:)

i agree--I have the v4, but I have no complaints. great pedal.

• Members

I have both, and I like both a great deal. They're both Marshall flavored overdrives, but IMO, they're going for different Marshall flavors. If you're looking for a heavier, more modern Marshall (JCM800) then the DLS is probably the better choice. If you are after more of a JTM45 type of vibe, then I'd recommend going with the OCD.

YMMV.
:)

That's if you use it with a clean amp setting. In a dirty amp, I preferred the OCD to the DLS because the bass remained tight.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

From that vid, I'd say about the only thing v1.7 has going for it is that it's got more output (based on the positions of the Level knob). I find it harsher and lacking in the low-end. The 1.4 version just has a more rounded and versatile sound. That said, in the 1.1-1.4 shootout, I like v1.3 the best, but would take a 1.4 if I couldn't get the 1.3.

Archived