No announcement yet.

OT: Whats so cool about Vinyl anyway?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Whats so cool about Vinyl anyway?

I mean, I have like 50 records or so, but if I can also have them in MP3 whats so great about keeping the records around?
    I used to put them on to fall asleep to which works well because there is only 4-5 songs on a side. But now I have an iphone and i can just do the same deal.

sure, the big jackets are cool and if it is cool color vinyl thats neat looking and all

but otherwise, im not sure what im keeping this stuff around for, except for the 'rare' stuff where there is cool music that only comes on vinyl

P.S. i hate double 12" albums because then there is only 2-3 songs on side and that is annoying
    Mellowtone website - Mellowtone on Facebook

2 very simple answers

artwork
    sound quality
    Dead Soldiers

Comment

OH YEAH, lets not discuss sound quality, I am not an audiophile, so thats not a concern to me personally.

anyways, over the last year or two in buying vinyl, i buy certain music on vinyl because it seems cool to listen on vinyl, other music i would just get the CD instead. just depends
      Mellowtone website - Mellowtone on Facebook

Comment

indie cred

duh

Comment

OH YEAH, lets not discuss sound quality

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ask-th...3166027?ref=ts

Comment

It's the experience for me. It keeps my attention.
            It's too easy to press play in itunes, or whatever, and get distracted by anything else.
            With vinyl it's it takes more effort. You really have to want to listen to whatever you put on. And ****************, if you want to listen to the whole thing you have to get up off your ass to get to side two.
            I like that.
            Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

Sound quality, iam not an audiophile but even i can hear a difference.

Comment

Records suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a needle scratching across a plastic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.

Comment

Records suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a needle scratching across a plastic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.

CDs suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a laser reading data on a mirrored plastic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.

Hard Drives suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a head reading/writing across a ferromagnetic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.
                  Originally Posted by Flamencology

When life gives you lemons, disrespect them with tongs.

I Am not kidding.

Good deals: guitup

Comment

I go to Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring, MD to buy house and techno records. That stuff is hard to find on anything but records. When I go to Detroit I go to record stores to buy records on the Underground Resistance label.

Comment

CDs suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a laser reading data on a mirrored plastic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.

Hard Drives suck. One of the weirdest technologies ever...a head reading/writing across a ferromagnetic disc? No idea why people cling to that ****************.

I lol'd
                      Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                      Like me on facebook
                      Follow me on twitter

Comment

Outside of the artwork/inner sleeve, Vinyl does not offer a single advantage.

Vinyl is unwieldy, cumbersome, fragile, and impractical. It was back when your only other option was cassette, and it is today.

The sound quality is superior to digital? Nonsense.

It's an affectation, pure and simple.

Comment

parrot squawks
                          Lasers and computers are awesome and only getting better.

Comment

Lasers and computers are awesome and only getting better.

While sound quality only gets more digital and sterile.

Comment

gremson nailed it. you "sound quality" guys:

Comment

Working...
                              X