X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Rust with Potatoes

What's the chemistry behind this?

Or is two weeks of water just softening/loosening the rust enough to come off easily with 15mins of rags and scotchbrite?
    Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

Comment

What's the chemistry behind this?

Or is two weeks of water just softening/loosening the rust enough to come off easily with 15mins of rags and scotchbrite?

I don't know. I came across their videos and had a laugh because there seems to be some partaking in something behind the scenes and they're talking about heavy machinery that you should not be partaking around lulz. This one came up and I took note and thought it might help someone here with a bridge plate or something of the like.

Here's the one that got a chuckle, I think the guy in this one is a picker?

Comment

If you're holding...? This series is like a Bob Ross meets home improvement moment you'll thoroughly enjoy.

Comment

"As you can see".
          AimmarCair wrote:EHX could clean out my anus.Delicious HOG enema.

Comment

God

Comment

potatoes have vitamin c and potassium, maybe one of those breaks down rust?
              "I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style" - Moss.
              Pedal mods and repairs. I do 'em. PM me.
              (tube amps too locally)

Comment

the potato removed all the rust

along with scrubbing it with a wire brush, and scotchbrite pad.

Comment

the potato removed all the rust

along with scrubbing it with a wire brush, and scotchbrite pad.

Lulz, true dat. It might help to loosen the stuff up? IDK, the one I like is that guy who's half baked telling you you can twist the bandsaw blade to cut towards the riser? He doesn't demonstrate it either. Maybe he doesn't want to break his blade? Lulz The ending credits are classic.

Comment

Working...
                  X