Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staged, or done to make a point. No one in their right mind decides to lay down in the middle of the street while a riot is going down and make out.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I could imagine getting swept up in the moment, but I'd get off the street for sure. Maybe duck into some quiet spot around a corner, away from the billyclubs and photogs?
    "She's a Led Zeppelin girl, you just can't stop her..." -The Gluey Brothers

Comment

Taking advantage of a drunk/possible injured chick in a public place?

League player? Union player? AFL player?

fix'd

Comment

She was STABBED, and her friend is comforting her by speaking close to her ear, amid the high noise levels of the rioters.

get your minds out of the gutter
        http://oceansofinsects.bandcamp.com/

Comment

legs closed, head turned away from the guy, rape to go along with the looting and rioting

stay classy sports fans

Comment

If it were a **************** quality photo with a point and shoot camera, they'd look like two horny drunks going at it at the stupidest time to do so possible. But it's quality shot, so therefore it's somehow romanticized.

Comment

"Go home, people! Nothing to see here!"

youtube
              soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

She was STABBED, and her friend is comforting her by speaking close to her ear, amid the high noise levels of the rioters.

get your minds out of the gutter

Okay, I'll buy that for a dollar - it makes much more sense than what it appears to portray.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I haven't heard yet if they've found the couple. I don't see what's so crazy about it, given the absolute stupidity and nuttiness of everything that was going on. seemingly normal people were converted into riot zombies for about 5 hours. the media is saying it was a small group of anarchists, not Canucks fans that were responsible. there is a group of anarchists they've identified (the Black?? something) but c'mon, there was over 100,000 people down there and thousands of them were rioting and all of them were canucks fans.
                  great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

Doesn't look like an assault, that's for sure. If it were she'd be in motion and tense/trying to push the guy off. She isn't doing that. She seems to be pulling him closer if anything.

He's also not in a position that could reasonably hold her down.

Haven't you guys ever watched UFC?
                    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

here's an interview with the photographer.

http://www.popphoto.com/how-to/2011/06/interview-photographer-richard-lam-his-vancouver-riot-kiss-photo

Sounds like she was hurt, he went to comfort her and they kissed. Remember, photos have a funny way of freezing the action, so it only looks like they might have been making out longer (like that famous photo of Mohammed Ali standing over Sonny Liston. If you see the film, the moment lasts only about 1/4 of a second, if that)
                      Mittenfields "The Fresh Sum" EP now on iTunes or Bandcamp

"Mittenfields debut the past as something new... If you took Frightened Rabbit and told vocalist Scott Hutchison to make a song for Arcade Fire's Funeral using Cursive as a backing band, maybe then you would end up with 'My Mind Is an Avalanche.'" (9 out of 10) -Heave Media

"Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?"

Comment

Doesn't look like an assault, that's for sure. If it were she'd be in motion and tense/trying to push the guy off. She isn't doing that. She seems to be pulling him closer if anything.

He's also not in a position that could reasonably hold her down.

Haven't you guys ever watched UFC?

no means yes and all that. she wants it

Comment

there is a group of anarchists they've identified (the Black?? something)

That's racist .gif
                          www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                          www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

that was a brother and sister and she was injured. apparently all the rioting kicked up a lot of dust and some got in her eye, so he helped her out by licking her eyeball until everything was better.
                            {O,O}
                            (__(\
                            " "

Comment

That's racist .gif

I think it's cuz they wear black masks

Comment

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1010521--vancouver-kissing-couple-identified?bn=1#.TftPpJg8_Do;facebook

Aussie and a U of Guelph grad.
                                I Build/Mod/Repair Pedals.

Good deals with: Aaron_SS, ShortScaleMike, DRGUN

Comment

Working...
                                X