So what do you guys think is the best reverb pedal.

hecticone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Any input would be great have always owned fenders and the new amp is the first one in a long time that doesn't have reverb.
:)

I had a couple of the Fender 'The Twin' amps during my time that had nice natural spring reverb for what it was. Now I only use a Peavey 20 classic w/o reverb. So the Holier Grail suits me ok for the price and easiness of use.

• Members

EHX Holy Stain has great reverb with a volume and tone control, and you can control the amount of reverb with an expression pedal and it can go 100% wet. It does many things, some good some not so good, but the Holy Stain is a fantastic reverb pedal.

• Members

I have the Hall of Fame. It's spring setting isn't my favorite, I probably need to spend more time with it, but most of the other settings are really good. And I've owned quite a few good reverb pedals, this one has become a favorite for me. Not expensive, plus stereo ins/outs, and trails, can't go wrong with it.

• Members

RV-3 is a cool design and one of my favorite Boss pedals... but it's a bit metallic sounding. People gush over the RV-5's modulated reverb too. The Hardwire RV-7 does some cool thing... doesn't sound half bad either. If you want to spend some money, the Neunaber WET gets a lot of praise... but it's not realistic sounding at all, I don't think. Pretty cool but not my bag. The Malekko 'verbs get some love, but I'm not huge into spring emulations, personally. The Strymon Blue Sky sounds great and is really tweakable, but for all the control they packed into that thing, only having 1 preset to work with is a huge detriment to the playing experience, I think. Which leads me to my 2 real favorites, the Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reveberator and the Eventide SPACE. The RRR is packed with several really good sounding reverbs, but it's a bit limited in control... which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering how good it sounds and how easy it is to use. The Miniberators are nice too. Cheaper is good. And the SPACE is in a completely different world. Tweakable as all getout, TONS of presets. Love it.

• Members

mini reverberator

This and the Malekko Spring Chicken for the high end great stuff.

For the affordable reverb the boss frv-1 or the malekko chicklet.

not much into the non-spring reverb type pedals so i cant help you there.

For myself i was lucky enough to get a malekko spring chicken w/dwell. It's always on at a very moderate setting, great pedal.

• Members

RV-3 is a cool design and one of my favorite Boss pedals... but it's a bit metallic sounding. People gush over the RV-5's modulated reverb too. The Hardwire RV-7 does some cool thing... doesn't sound half bad either. If you want to spend some money, the Neunaber WET gets a lot of praise... but it's not realistic sounding at all, I don't think. Pretty cool but not my bag. The Malekko 'verbs get some love, but I'm not huge into spring emulations, personally. The Strymon Blue Sky sounds great and is really tweakable, but for all the control they packed into that thing, only having 1 preset to work with is a huge detriment to the playing experience, I think. Which leads me to my 2 real favorites, the Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reveberator and the Eventide SPACE. The RRR is packed with several really good sounding reverbs, but it's a bit limited in control... which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering how good it sounds and how easy it is to use. The Miniberators are nice too. Cheaper is good. And the SPACE is in a completely different world. Tweakable as all getout, TONS of presets. Love it.

Did you own both the blue sky and the space? damn you love reverb.

• Members

Did you own both the blue sky and the space? damn you love reverb.

Yeah, I've had everything that I talked about up there except the RV-7 (which I have played) and anything by Malekko. Guilty as charged.

Archived