Fender Twin Reverb: Yay or nay?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TRRI is the tits. I miss mine dearly.

Clean headroom only! It does not drive...so any drive will need to be from pedals....and the {censored}er is LOUD. Usually at shows I can't turn up past 3 without soundmen bitching at me. A bit heavy too...but the sound is glorious.

$750 is on the high side, but fair I suppose. I'd offer $650. I've seen them go anywhere (locally) from $500 to $800.

• Members

Great amp. Like said, it's really heavy, and it is not meant to overdrive by itself.

Takes pedals really well, except fuzz, in my opinion, unless you put some sort of overdrive or distortion pedal after the fuzz.

And if it isn't loud enough at your gig, then I don't want to be at your gig because my ears would literally bleed.

• Members

I remember playing a Twin RI at GC once and it being incredibly loud. However, the singer in my band just got a silverface twin and it sounds pretty good at practice. seems like a solid workhorse of an amp. cant really go wrong with a twin

• Members

I use a Shredmaster and occasionally a Sansamp Classic as my main dirt and distortion. How well is it with dirt stomp boxes?

works exceptionally well with dirts....every overdrive, distortion and fuzz I've put through it sounds great.

• Members

Twin Reverbs are wonderful amps but horrifically heavy. I ended up with a Pro Reverb. 40w, almost half the weight, same sound. I ended up with a pretty silver face (that needs a cap job) for $730.

• Members

pro reverb is much dirtier and mushier than a twin. In a electric band they can get buried pretty easy. No where near the headroom of a twin.

If you use effects and dirt pedals in loud bands the twin is the better option.

you dont say what twin reverb it is so hard to say if $750 is a good price or not, they made a lot of different models.

• Members

I love my Twin Reverb. Very clean and loud as hell. Make sure you have them on casters, they are heavy. Fender just recently released a new amp w/ Twin Reverb voicing and the Bassman voicing as well. The Fender Super Sonic Twin, you can get a 60 watt w/ 1-12" speaker and has a "club" switch so it becomes only 25 watts.

Archived