Good cheap octave pedals

grunge782

• Members

Oh also the Behringer PS5 clone (US600 I think, Ultra Shifter/Harmonist). Does all the stuff the PS5 does so harmonizer + pitch shifting from -2 octaves to +2 octaves as well as the Detune setting which is kinda like a chorus but I never really liked that on either pedal.

• Members

The Danelectro Chili Dog is a pretty good octave-down pedal; monophonic, tracking is OK (if a bit glitchy on sustained notes) but it's clean and quite chunky sounding.

This +1

Far and away the best octave ive played for a more organic feel.

• Members

What exactly is the difference between polyphonic and monophonic soundwise?

Polyphonic means it can track more than one note so you can play chords, monophonic can only track one note.

Don't think they sound different, they just track differently :]

• Members

Octave Down. I'm looking for something that gets that "CKYish" thickness.

What exactly is the difference between polyphonic and monophonic soundwise? Also is the Chili dog digital or analog?

The CKY dudes use Boss OC-2s. I have been looking at the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe recently - seems like it would be good for what you are looking for.

• Members

[video=youtube;HjsyaNIak9g]

i did this intro with the oc2, with a comp before it and the geiger counter and a autowah afterwards.

the oc-2 is a nice little pedal, does need a comp., as do all octaves

the micropog is alot of fun as well

• Members

Octave fuzz is pretty touchy. It generally pops out best with certain pickup combinations played at certain frets. Sounds great for the solo in Buddy Holly (for example), but it wouldn't work for riffing or chords below the 5th fret. If you really want something holding down a higher or lower octave consistently all over the neck, or if you need clean sound octaves, then a digital effect like the POG is better.

• Members

The CKY dudes use Boss OC-2s. I have been looking at the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe recently - seems like it would be good for what you are looking for.

Okay well that clears that up. The Bass Octave looks nice too, but is a bit higher up in price.

I'm still wondering though what kind of differences are found between a digital and analog octave pedal. The Dano chili dog and OC2 seems to be getting a lot of love, so I'm wondering what differences I would find between the 2 (besides the casing, I know the boss is sturdier.)

• Members

I can tell you that the Dano Chili Dog is a Foxx Tone Machine clone. That means octave up, most prominent with the neck pickup around the 10th fret and higher. If you play chords through it with octave on, it makes an amusing blast of something that sounds like white noise. May not be what you're looking for.

• Members

I can tell you that the Dano Chili Dog is a Foxx Tone Machine clone. That means octave up, most prominent with the neck pickup around the 10th fret and higher. If you play chords through it with octave on, it makes an amusing blast of something that sounds like white noise. May not be what you're looking for.

I think you are mixing up the chili dog with the french toast.

• Members

Does anyone else feel that the POG series from EHX is overpriced? Not like "That {censored}'s overpriced! I'm chincy as {censored}! I'm 12 what is this?" but like "Man I'd love to have one of those, but {censored} dawg, thats expensive for what you get."

• Members

Does anyone else feel that the POG series from EHX is overpriced? Not like "That {censored}'s overpriced! I'm chincy as {censored}! I'm 12 what is this?" but like "Man I'd love to have one of those, but {censored} dawg, thats expensive for what you get."

Truf. I've always wanted one but I can think of so many more things i'd like for that kind of coin.

Archived