Catalinbread CB30 Videos

Liff

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You said wang bar...

Nah it's not that. I don't think it is anyway. It sounds like there is a subtle chorus on the whole thing.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass... I watched it again and actually paid attention and he is pulling that wang pretty hard.

• Members

is the price point for these newer powdercoated pedals gonna be 189$ instead of 159$?

i was expecting the prices to drop a tad actually now that they're going ugly on us.

this CB30 sounds interesting. wouldn't mind A/B it against my englishman.

• Members

is the price point for these newer powdercoated pedals gonna be 189$ instead of 159$?

i was expecting the prices to drop a tad actually now that
they're going ugly on us

this CB30 sounds interesting. wouldn't mind A/B it against my englishman.

I wouldn't call them ugly, but they sure don't look as original as they used to.

• Members

Looks like it. That's what Tone Factor has them listed at.

Too rich for my blood. Though I like my SFT so much that I guess I'd say it's worth it even at a higher price tag than I paid. I guess I should say too rich for my blood to buy on a whim when I don't really need more dirt.

• Members

i thought the point of the new colour scheme and across the board use of one knob type was to reduce costs? an increase from 159 to 189? really? say it aint so CB

Old colored knobs are plastic, they cost about $0.40 each in quantity after freight and discarding crappy ones, they were cool when we first started using them in 2004... Then everybody started using them.

New knobs are machined aluminum, they cost about $1.30 each in the same quantity and much harder to get, much longer lead times.

I WISH our costs were going down.

• Members

You said wang bar...

Nah it's not that. I don't think it is anyway. It sounds like there is a subtle chorus on the whole thing.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass... I watched it again and actually paid attention and he is pulling that wang pretty hard.

:D Howard is pretty sneaky with that Jazzmaster bar. Of course he is equally sneaky with a Strat, Bigsby or a Maestro bar... I've never heard him play with a Floyd Rose though... Hrm. We need one at the shop just for that reason!

• Members

Really really want to know the gain and eq range.
It's obvious it can achieve cranked top boost channel and treble boosted...
How about clean chime or normal channel sound(which take gain pedals better IMO)?

Archived