just ordered the zoom g3

tantamo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has a decent selection of drum tracks too, like 40, although they all probably sound poor. That doesn't usually bother me though.

I have a Zoom G1n pedal, and most of the Drum Tracks (40) sound pretty good to me.

['Zoom G1 Pedal (Drum Machine Test)']

• Members

Picked mine up from Sam Ash last Friday night. Got it for the looper and synced drum machine.

How is the looper? I have a Digitech Solo, but I don't really use many of the features it has, so maybe a unit like this could serve my purposes well, plus provide all of the extras it has.

• Members

Is the 'Z Organ' a model of a Micro POG? If so and they improved the quality/latency on their polyphonic pitch shifting over the G2.1nu, this little thing is going to be a monster. Curious to hear the Bit Crusher and Mono Synth as well...

• Members

How is the looper? I have a Digitech Solo, but I don't really use many of the features it has, so maybe a unit like this could serve my purposes well, plus provide all of the extras it has.

The looper works great. I have no issues with getting a good loop. It quantizes to the drum machine if you have it on.

What's really cool about the looper is that it gives you a progress bar. So you can always tell where you are in the loop. That's really nice if you want to use as much of the 40 secs as you can. Plus it helps to know when you get to a passage that you want to overdub.

• Members
Is the 'Z Organ' a model of a Micro POG? If so and they improved the quality/latency on their polyphonic pitch shifting over the G2.1nu, this little thing is going to be a monster. Curious to hear the Bit Crusher and Mono Synth as well...

I'll have to give it a try. IIRC the mono synth was useless.

Archived