Music documentaries

fetch

• Members

Any decent new/old/rare/whatever documentaries you'd recommend? I've never really seen one on gear or recording so that'd be interesting I guess but for the most part I just like interesting stories. I finally can start buying/downloading movies online after moving ISPs so recommend away! I'm pretty sheltered lately with stuff like this but I do have Punk Broke on VHS, Dylan's 3hour epic one on DVD from Christmas and some other generic/good oldies (Placebo, Pat Metheny, etcetc). I'm looking for newer stuff or just something I haven't seen before. I just got the new Foo Fighters one and I'm actually pretty keen on seeing it despite not liking them since I was a kid but I read great reviews so I'm willing to put prejudice aside for once in hopes of being entertained... meh -shrug-

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another vote for Rush : Beyond The Lighted Stage. But I'm sure you can tell I'm a fan.

Also...

The Last Waltz

Spinal Tap. Not exactly a documentary, but not to far from the truth.

It Might Get Loud. IMO, the first few minutes with Jack White was by itself, worth the price of the DVD.

• Members

"Let's Get Lost: Chet Baker"

"Blood Into Wine" isn't really a music doc, but it's music-related and superbly shot; well worth a view especially if you like MJK + Tool

"Funky Monks" about RHCP and BSSM is one of my absolute favorite 'rockumentaries'

"The Future is Unwritten: Joe Strummer" is excessively excellent!!!

Archived