Broken Iphone day

Kayzer

• Members

maybe there's someone by you that can do, but there's a few people in my area that can fix that for pretty cheap (like $40-50). you can do it yourself for maybe like $10-15 (cost of replacement screen), but i just left it to a pro who has all the right tools, etc.

• Members

Happened to my 3GS also - twice, the first one was after it fell about 2 meters straight down to the asphalt. :eek:

I bought this super cheap replacement on eBay, shipped from Germany. I don't remember the name of the seller but I can check it up if you want.

The thing cost about 10 EUR total, it came with the entire front glass and digitizer, as well as all of the tools you needed to change it. It was so cheap that I thought that even though he had great feedback, for sure he was just going to send me a turd in a bag. Luckily I was wrong. :thu:

Swapping it was pretty simple, although I was quite nervous the first time.

• Members

All these stories of falling on concrete with no breakage only to suffer breakage on carpet. {censored}ing Murphy's Law :mad:

The first week I got my 3GS I dropped it standing at the top of a train station escalator.

It's an escalator that goes down two floors so yes, it is {censored}ing long!

Anyway. My arse clenched tighter than an oyster shell as I witnessed it bounce end over end all the way to the bottom.

Amazingly, it survived with minimal scratching.

Yet I've seen a friend drop her's from about a foot high onto a tree root and the screen was {censored}ed completely.

I've seen a lot of people still use theirs with a shattered screen, but she couldn't see {censored}.

• Members

All these stories of falling on concrete with no breakage only to suffer breakage on carpet. {censored}ing Murphy's Law
:mad:

The first week I got my 3GS I dropped it standing at the top of a train station escalator.

It's an escalator that goes down two floors so yes, it is {censored}ing long!

Anyway. My arse clenched tighter than an oyster shell as I witnessed it bounce end over end all the way to the bottom.

Amazingly, it survived with minimal scratching.

Yet I've seen a friend drop her's from about a foot high onto a tree root and the screen was {censored}ed completely.

I've seen a lot of people still use theirs with a shattered screen, but she couldn't see {censored}.

CSB

using it with a shattered screen gives me the creeps, i always had feeling i cut my fingers on the broken glass...

Archived