Ring Thing vs Whammy

• Members

fulltone I just got a ps-6 to replace my whammy II its a great lower cost alternative and has alot of really good uses. it's also actually really easy to dial in, even if you play live.

Do you use a expression pedal with it? I like the idea of presets with the Ring Thing.

• Members

I hate the whammy glitchiness but I might be the only one. I want to be able to smoothly bend chords.

Whammy DT has completely eliminated the glitching. I demoed one the other week, its smooth as butter even on the 2+ octave setting!

Too bad its horrendously large and overpriced, though. :(

• Members

Whammy DT has completely eliminated the glitching. I demoed one the other week, its smooth as butter even on the 2+ octave setting!

Too bad its horrendously large and overpriced, though.
:(

You want to talk about horrendously large? I have a HOG. Thinking about getting a foot controller.

• Members

You want to talk about horrendously large? I have a HOG. Thinking about getting a foot controller.

haha, oh this I know! Your rig is incredible :love:

I just think they could have done just fine by omitting the whole "Look at us, we can do what Morpheus is doing too!" thing and just kept it a Whammy with more settings/true bypass. Meh.

• Members

Too bad its horrendously large and overpriced, though.
:(

I'm definitely curious about a couple things with the DT. . .

1) Is left section still identical to the "original" Whammy IV, or has it also been redesigned to allow for polyphonic harmonies and such?

2) Is the new section to the right of the treadle able to be controlled by the treadle? Or is it simply operated with the momentary switch and bypass switch located underneath the settings display?

Archived