NPD: Paul Trombetta FeedBoneMachine

Loobs

• Members

285301_528050737798_286700549_879998_396

This thing is insane. It can do all kinds of stuff from fat singing violin style fuzz to arpeggiated stuff, to octave down, to dying battery, to overdrive. Just so much fun to play, so inspiring. It's like a directory of amazing fuzz sounds. Everything is totally musical sounding (unlike some 'weird' fuzzes) and the build quality is unbelievable. On top of that Paul was a total joy to work with on this. I'm totally stoked.

I'll be borrowing my roommate's DSLR to do a video in the next few days. If any of you are on the fence about ordering one of Paul's fuzzes, don't hesitate. It can do all the classic ('usable') fuzz sounds you want and plenty of really out there noisy stuff too. The way the volume/tone knobs on the guitar interact with the pedal are fantastic too.

• Members

I think it's semi-custom. I wanted the bone machine and the feeder fudge in one box, this is it. The momentary footswitch in the middle turns on the glitchyness/arpeggiator/feedback from the left side. I think Paul is pretty much able to offer any combination of the pedals he builds or custom work too. The versatility of this thing is mind blowing. Combine a fuzz factory, a muff, a fuzz face and a trombone/trumpet and you're getting there.

And yeah, he offers different finishes too. Personally I think it looks awesome. No, it's not a super clean boutique looking fuzz with some fancy flash artwork but i could care less about that. It looks cool. The build quality is beautiful. The M & B controls on the right hand side are 12 position notch switches too. It can do so much, I think I might have to dispense the Subdecay Flying Tomato from my board after nearly 5 years of continuous use.

Archived