OT: Just got my first electronic toothbrush... what to expect?

gambit

• Members

i got it with a voucher so it's basically free. i never intended to pay the asking price, so it feels like i'm about to open a whole new world of oral hygiene.

(that's what she said) :lol:

i've never used one before.. will it make my teeth look like Tom Cruise's? :idk:

• Members

Just had a go.. Pretty good, but i need to get over the mental block of sticking a vibrating thing in my mouth and not being so aggressive as I am with a normal toothbrush.

How hard should you be pushing? and is it ok to put it right in your mouth with the back of the head against your cheek?

• Members

Just had a go.. Pretty good, but i need to get over the mental block of sticking a vibrating thing in my mouth and not being so aggressive as I am with a normal toothbrush.

How hard should you be pushing? and is it ok to put it right in your mouth with the back of the head against your cheek?

:lol: I can't believe I'm discussing this on here...

I've been using them for years. Family gum troubles and the like, though thankfully I seem to have got off lightly...

But you need to hold the brush as lightly as possible. Apparently it does impair the effectiveness if you go at them like a scrubbing brush, but if you do, you'll go through the heads very quickly anyway, and they're expensive to the point of daylight robbery.

Archived