Chameleon Jazzmaster update

BAXANDALL

• Members

Since I couldn't get to my original thread...

Here are some photos of the Jazzmaster project. Here's a video too of some pedal housings that were painted. It shows the effect better than photos of the guitar can.

[video=youtube;8-x6-CYMDXc]

6177934665_8df9c6bf9f_z.jpg

Jazzmaster Project10 by theecricket, on Flickr

6177935239_d81e1651ed_z.jpg

Jazzmaster Project11 by theecricket, on Flickr

6178460992_b27af0eca0_z.jpg

Jazzmaster Project12 by theecricket, on Flickr

6178461536_12b74e5993_z.jpg

Jazzmaster Project13 by theecricket, on Flickr

6177937061_ba104ccb5a_z.jpg

Jazzmaster Project14 by theecricket, on Flickr

• Members

The neck feels good now that I de-glossed it. I used some green scotch brite on it and it took enough of the horrible polyester gooey feeling gloss off. It feels right now.

Thanks for the ups guys. It's been a fun project. Now for the hard part. Setup and intonation.

• Members

That looks awesome! Why didn't you want to put a trem on there?

Yeah it's called chameleon paint from PPG (automotive paint). My brother painted a truck for someone with it and had some left over and wanted to paint a guitar for me. So I got that Squier and took over those pedal boxes and he did it up for me.

Yeah I'll never forget seeing a Cobra with that paint job a number of years ago. It started out looking a dark blue, slid to purple, green, then reddish as it approached, passed us and zoomed out of sight. Just completely cool. I'd love a guitar with that paint.

• Members

Hey BAXANDALL, is there any chance we could get a couple of close-up shots of the bridge on your VM Jazzmaster? I've been curious about exactly how those are set up, and still have not had a chance to check one out in person...

Sure. Give me a few and I'll take it back out in the light for you. Renula discovered that it is the same dimensions as the dano bridge that looks like it. Might be the same bridge actually. BRB.

Sure. Give me a few and I'll take it back out in the light for you. Renula discovered that it is the same dimensions as the dano bridge that looks like it. Might be the same bridge actually. BRB.

Thanks. It looks like an interesting design - especially in terms of setting height adjustment. Any issues with buzzes or with it going out of adjustment? Does it feel pretty "solid"?

• Members

Thanks. It looks like an interesting design - especially in terms of setting height adjustment. Any issues with buzzes or with it going out of adjustment? Does it feel pretty "solid"?

I don't know yet. When I played the guitar before the tear down I only had it for a few hours. I literally played it for about 30 minutes before taking it apart. The action seemed good and there were no issues other than the strings needed stretching of course.

I was so concerned about how bad the poly finish on the neck felt that I couldn't focus on much more other than I do like the pickups. The tone controls tended to move with the volume knob a bit and that was annoying. I'm sure that will work itself out over time.

• Members

6177934665_8df9c6bf9f_z.jpg
Jazzmaster Project10
by
theecricket
, on Flickr

6177935239_d81e1651ed_z.jpg
Jazzmaster Project11
by
theecricket
, on Flickr

6178460992_b27af0eca0_z.jpg
Jazzmaster Project12
by
theecricket
, on Flickr

6178461536_12b74e5993_z.jpg
Jazzmaster Project13
by
theecricket
, on Flickr

6177937061_ba104ccb5a_z.jpg
Jazzmaster Project14
by
theecricket
, on Flickr

how do you embed photos from flickr like that? i've tried but never been able to figure it out without doing it just manually completely

• Members

how do you embed photos from flickr like that? i've tried but never been able to figure it out without doing it just manually completely

Go to the picture in your photostream. Click on the share button. At the bottom of the window click the blue "Grab the HTML/BBCCode" link. Check BBCCode. I usually choose Medium 640 size in the size options. Copy the box of code that appears. If you click in the box of code once it will select all of it for you. Copy that then paste it into a post. Don't use the forum's image insert button. That code is already provided in the flickr code.

Archived