Gretsch GAS!

fuzzface71

• Members

With the exceptions of Eddie Cochran and Cliff Gallup most early RAB was recorded on Gibsons, with a few Telecasters thrown in. However, if you want a proper early RAB Gretsch sound get one with the DeArmond style single coils (like Eddie's bridge pickup). RAB was mostly over by the time the Filtertron showed up.

• Members

With the exceptions of Eddie Cochran and Cliff Gallup most early RAB was recorded on Gibsons, with a few Telecasters thrown in. However, if you want a proper early RAB Gretsch sound get one with the DeArmond style single coils (like Eddie's bridge pickup). RAB was mostly over by the time the Filtertron showed up.

This, except it's also debated that Grady Martin played some of the early rockabilly on a DeArmond equipped DuoJet.

Most of the Gibson based rockabilly was played with P90's. The real deal was pretty much exclusively a single coil thing - mainly because nobody had humbuckers, but that extra pop really cut through the lo-fi grooves.

600full-eddie-cochran.jpg

Think he had intonation issues? :lol:

• Members

So, I just came back from the local stores. I played a Chet Atkins and a cool Electromatic. I actually like the Electromatic. It might be a quick fix for $700 new!

G5120_1_jpg_380x580_autocrop-True_crop-(

This has been my go to guitar for the past 3 years. I swapped the pickups for some TV Jones and swapped the nut out for a Tusq, and I couldn't be happier.

Well...unless I had Steven Stills' Gretsch.

• Members

This has been my go to guitar for the past 3 years. I swapped the pickups for some TV Jones and swapped the nut out for a Tusq, and I couldn't be happier.

Well...unless I had Steven Stills' Gretsch.

That's actually what I'm planning to do. :)

• Members

^I Remember when you posted that 1st time. Only one Ive ever seen. Like a lot.

Was that in the Electromatic Line?

I think it is a Synchromatic. A few people have tricked them out with Bigsby's, TV Jones p/u's and custom pickguards. They look pretty cool all hot rodded up but I think I will keep it stock.

Archived