Dredg; I love you

Faldoe

• Members

been playing El Cielo again these last few days. This is one of those albums that really inspired me as a musician and really resonated with me at the point in my life - when it came out, and still does.

I think this album holds up high next to a lot of great bands and great albums. I for some reason see it as a modern Dark Side of the Moon, I guess cause of the conceptual frame work and all the samples/segue tracks.

Damn fine album. I love the jazzy end of Whoa is Me.

Can anyone suggest any jazz like that - I know it sounds "typical" perhaps but I mean like mellow, ethereal jazz, not like cracked out snapping your fingers stuff.

• Members

Can anyone suggest any jazz like that

LOL

Dredg is a rather interesting band, but very far from jazz.

If you're looking for similar ambiance than this ending, Bohren and the Club of Gore plays similar style, but 10 times slower :D 'Stoner jazz'

• Members

El Cielo is one of the best albums I have heard. Pariah is also amazing. Their new album is not good at all, however when seeing them play the songs off it live, they were awesome. I think there was too much influence from Dan the Automator in the studio and I think it ruined the album. Definetly the most solid live band I have ever seen too.

Archived