The effects forum needs to be aware of this thread (in HCEG, new Gibby LP Jr content)

jhamnett

• Members

for the people who don't know how to play guitar... oh and gearmandude.. but he knows how to play the guitar.. he just like's stinkingly bright things.

{censored} i barely know how to play guitar, maybe i need to get in on this

• Members
why only one pup, never understood

P90's are fat sounding pups. Those original Jr. models were designed to cut cost and provide a student model as such. If you don't play jazz it's really not needed, well you can justify it as such. But honestly for rock and even country you'd likely never miss the neck pup and they just look hot without. :love:

• Members

They look great which is a nice change for Gibson's newer products. I love that they got rid of the extra wood on the right side of the fretboard where it meets the body (just like a regular LP). But...it looks like they are going to go overboard with the Pelham Blue. Now that color is going to be on everything and it won't be "special" like it used to be.

• Members

why only one pup, never understood

Keeps things simple. Also, I removed the neck pick up from my Squier tele and it does have more sustain with only the bridge PU, it seems to be that the magnets of the neck PU pull from the strings and affect their natural vibration. I like it so far, it also has a 3 positions circuit to alter the tone.. sometimes you just don't need 2 or 3 pickups.

• Members

Finish looks pretty ew. The Pelham is too saturated, and they used tacky solid yellow instead of smexxy TV trans yellow. Also, the sealer looks like it's going to be gloppy plastic gloss. At least the price is close to what it should be, minus the {censored} finish.

Archived