NMD!!!!!

Wood Chuck

• Members
Ah. The typical "everyone realizes ice shack is stirring up some {censored} so he decides to post an actual on topic thread so people don't accuse him of trolling". I'm on to you.

WOA+HA+HA+HOOOOAHHH+Hold+on+there+sprout

You do not write with prose at all, matter of fact......I think that you may be retarded.

You do not write with prose at all, matter of fact......I think that you may be retarded.

Please don't make me have to do this again... :(:facepalm:

I don't want to have to go into it again, but you're leaving me with no choice. I am the father of two girls who had Rett syndrome. I said "had", because one of them passed away a couple months shy of her ninth birthday, so I have to publicly admit to being biased when it comes to that word; especially when it is being used as a put-down or slur. Because I am biased, I try extra hard to be understanding and to try to realize that people often do not mean it in the way that it comes across to me...

But OTOH, I am not the only one who participates here who finds it offensive, and I do have to consider their feelings on the matter too; and it's definitely offensive to others besides myself.

I don't want to have to be the PC police, but I would personally greatly prefer it if you guys didn't use that expression to refer to your fellow forumites.

Thanks.

• Members
Please don't make me have to do this again...
:(:facepalm:

I don't want to have to go into it again, but you're leaving me with no choice. I am the father of two girls who had Rett syndrome. I said "had", because one of them passed away a couple months shy of her ninth birthday, so I have to publicly admit to being biased when it comes to that word; especially when it is being used as a put-down or slur. Because I am biased, I try extra hard to be understanding and to try to realize that people often do not mean it in the way that it comes across to me...

But OTOH, I am not the only one who participates here who finds it offensive, and I do have to consider their feelings on the matter too; and it's definitely offensive to others besides myself.

I don't want to have to be the PC police, but I would personally greatly prefer it if you guys didn't use that expression to refer to your fellow forumites.

Thanks.

Yeah, it seems that I have the same problem when someone brings up my Fathers death as a joke. I hear ya Phil.

• Members

Please don't make me have to do this again...
:(:facepalm:

Thanks.

:( so sorry Phil. It never fails, every time I learn something new about you, my respect level goes even higher than i thought it could for a person.

Archived