My band have spent a weekend making a new EP - comments/compliments/criticisms?

TheOndrakGuy

• Members

I'm pretty damn happy with how it's turned out myself and the reception so far has been positive, but feedback from music people is always interesting so give us a listen if you've got a few minutes spare. Our first EP was a bit of a disaster (engineers turned up to the studio late, forgot to master things for us - yes, really - and generally nowhere near up to scratch), but this is what I always had in my head for my band sounding.

(The Near Deaf Experience and Ocean's Rust are personal favourites).

http://badapes.bandcamp.com/

Let me know what you guys think!

• Members

vocals aren't really my cup of tea, but the whole thing sounds great. very well put together, mixing is great, all the sounds are balanced. i can definitely tell who the band is by these recordings & they're not boring at all. definitely something you should be proud of.

great job guys! :thu:

• Members

I'm glad you like it. I'd agree that the vocals are probably the weakest part, we originally started out instrumental in the same vein as And So I Watch You From Afar, but the lack of vocals scared a lot of people off so we eventually agreed that lyrics helped draw people in. Unfortunately, since I was the only one able to sing and play, it was up to me to fill that gap. I don't mind doing it (I've got to put my English degree to use somehow - HA!), but it's definitely something I've got to develop and grow into some more before I'm happy with it.

Archived