Acoustic Similators

Elessar [Sly]

• Members

none are good, the AC-2 or AC-3 are tacky sounding acoustic sims, but the one to go for if you just need it for a quick acoustic simulated riff or intro or bit without having to switch guitars, but for a little extra cash, you could already get a cheap acoustic with a piezo and obtain a more decent sound.

• Members

Is that your SG in the avatar pic?

If you're willing to do a little soldering I use a slightly different method with my SG. Fit a coil split switch to your bridge pickup (pretty easy, and lets you turn one of your humbuckers into a single coil at the flick of a switch). When playing, make sure both pickups are engaged. The mix of the bright split bridge and the warm neck humbucker gets a lovely acoustic-like sound, especially for open chords.

• Members

Is that your SG in the avatar pic?

If you're willing to do a little soldering I use a slightly different method with my SG. Fit a coil split switch to your bridge pickup (pretty easy, and lets you turn one of your humbuckers into a single coil at the flick of a switch). When playing, make sure both pickups are engaged. The mix of the bright split bridge and the warm neck humbucker gets a lovely acoustic-like sound, especially for open chords.

Just sold the Sg lol. I'm using an Ibanez S series with Bare knuckle pups as my main guitar.

Archived