What is the loudest pedal?

Moustache_Bash

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the Devi stuff I've had were really, really loud. A Rocket with everything dimed is pretty nauseating :lol:

Side note on Fuzz Factories: One of, if not the, most inspiring pedals I've ever used. That thing is a boatload of fun. Why I've never bought one is beyond me. Maybe for if I have some cash left at Christmas...

• Members

When I had a dwarfcraft internet, the first quarter turn was no volume, as if aen was saying if you are gonna play my pedal quiet don't even both mother{censored}er. Couldn't ever turn it past 10 o'clock though. Whole half of a volume knob I never even got to experience, my room would rattle even when muting the strings.

• Members

creation-audio-labs-holy-fire.jpg

MK423PRO48V.jpg

@ their highest voltage. I think it's like 48v or some bull{censored}? lol.

Fuzz Factory was purdy loud too but those killed it in terms of volume.

SHO doesn't come close IMHO. I run my SHO almost full tilt most of the time when I'm hooked straight in :)

• Members

My guitar disruptor is stupidly loud, I have to check the volume everytime I switch it on because unity is just in the first touch of the knob, {censored}ing loud from there. I have to try it with a tube amp one of these days..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_OqjVvIAqHBekqOT1BCX

lol was just gonna say this one.

at first it was like where's the volVROOOOOOOMMMSKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK

after that i learnt to always keep some kind of fuzz AFTER it to lower the volume if running into clean or start my volume pedal off on nill.

edit: into a 120 watt tube amp. my ears :'(

MAD DD30. Sucker's insane. Unity is hard to get. :lol: It's doable - but the knobs are low. The controls function in reverse on it, but translating, I set it with the level at 8 o'clock (barely on - off is 7 o'clock) and the gain at 9:30 (not much higher), and the sucker's got a nice growl when you dig in (even with single coils) and a noticeable level boost to it. There's way more gain on tap than I ever find need for. If the knobs are set wrong when I kick it in, I can accidentally lay waste to entire city blocks. :p;):lol:

Honorable mention - Catalinbread WIIO V1. A pedal that tips its hat to one of the loudest bands in history, being itself one of the loudest pedals - coincidence? I think not... ;) It's definitely another "go big or go home" type pedal. Gobs o' gain.

The Skreddy Pink Flesh Mk II has a ton of gain on tap too. I've never done direct comparisons, but I'd say it's less than the other two though. It's loads of fun. First muff to ever really knock me out. :love:

While those are all great sounding pedals, I normally don't select pedals based on their huge amounts of gain, although I do admit to appreciating the sonic benefits of slapping the input of an amp nice and hard. But after a point - what's the point? Generally the "sweet spots" are lower on the gain dial anyway. And the real juice is in the amp and speakers... if you want "loud", that's what you should look to. You can have the "loudest" pedal in the world (whatever the heck that is) and run it into a 4W combo amp with an inefficient speaker and it's not going to hang with a more modest pedal slamming the input of a JCM800 driving a 4X12 equipped with efficient speakers. It's just not even a fair contest. :lol:

And no, you're not going to be able to increase the voltage anywhere near enough with a 9V pedal to hurt most solid state amps, much less with tube amps. You may drive it well and truly into clipping, but that's the fun part. Feel free to stack those dirt pedals too. If you have the amp set too loud, you could fry a speaker or something, depending on what you have installed and how you have the amp dialed up... IOW, just because you're not going to hurt the front end of your amp doesn't mean you can't break something else if you're not careful - I'm not responsible if you do something silly - like blow a speaker or knock your mom's antique china vase off the mantel, break windows, etc... :wave:

• Members

i'm thinking i've got a 120 watt amp and a 4x12 480 watt speaker to accompany that and the tube never goes over 9 o' clock on master volume in my house, so i should be fine whatever i run into it.

if you could answer this real fast phil: 480 watt speakers - i'd never be able to accidentally mess those up right - just to be sure. i do some weird stuff sometimes.

Archived