Alternative to EH Micro Pog?

brebis

• Members

Thank you for your suggestion. However the Z Vex sounds more like a ring mod. and does not seem to be polyphonic.

I'm not looking for a fuzz effect to be added to the octave sound, only an octave sound as close as possible to the dry sound of the guitar.

• Members

Black Cat makes some polyphonic octave pedals - one has chorus too I think, so that might come in handy for the 12 string sound. Not sure on the price though.

Edit - it's not Black Cat. I can't think of the companies name though - I'm pretty sure it's a European company and all/most of the pedals are gold :idk:

• Members

the tracking on the boss PS series isn't as good as the POG series, which is nearly flawless. they both have an obviously digital tone but sometimes the boss ones glitch in a pleasant way. generally, the POGs sound synthier while the boss PS are more tinny and plonky.

the eventide pitchfactor has the most pleasant sounding octave up but it's overpriced.

• Members

i think for 12 string sound my micro pog does not sound as natural, its more synthy organ like. i guess a chorus and a comp will do the trick better to get real 12 string feeling.

especially on a real 12 string the high e and b string are tuned the same and not an octave apart. with a pog also these strings would be pitched up which disturbs the natural 12 string sound

• Members

i think for 12 string sound my micro pog does not sound as natural, its more synthy organ like. i guess a chorus and a comp will do the trick better to get real 12 string feeling.

especially on a real 12 string the high e and b string are tuned the same and not an octave apart. with a pog also these strings would be pitched up which disturbs the natural 12 string sound

this. micro pog is much more of an organ toan

Archived