No announcement yet.

Saw Mogwai Last Night

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Mogwai Last Night

Saw Mogwai for the first time last night and they were incredible. They played alot of stuff from Hardcore will never die .......... but you will. They sound HUGE! Got to share a drink with them after the show and they are lovely guys.

I've always wanted to see them live. My old man saw them live a few years ago and had drinks with them. I'm super jealous!
    JTRO 248

Comment

You must have been smart and worn earplugs because you aren't complaining about how loud it was
      huh

Originally Posted by misterstomach

I'm more concerned that people **************** their pants and cry when i play than i am that it sounds good.

Comment

HNMD!

They're a great band to see live. Hardcore is a great album.
        Decolonize

Comment

I saw them, it was the end of listening to them frankly. I don't remember being more bored at a show.
          Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

The day chuck got labeled as a pariah at HCFX.

Bye Chuck, nice to meet you.

Originally Posted by IRG:
            "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

I saw them, it was the end of listening to them frankly. I don't remember being more bored at a show.

That happened to me with the band Pelican. Loved their recorded albums, fell asleep at their show and never really listened to them again.
              huh

I'm more concerned that people **************** their pants and cry when i play than i am that it sounds good.

Comment

Chuck's on the out. Exit stage right

Comment

I like the fact that I can sleep to mogwai...
                  JTRO 248

Comment

You must have been smart and worn earplugs because you aren't complaining about how loud it was

You know your Mogwai. I went with my girlfriend and we both wore earplugs. She wanted to see how loud it was without earplugs so took one out. She couldn't get the earplug back in fast enough.

I thought they were awesome. I expected them to stand around and play their songs which is exactly what they did.

Comment

Mogbai, Chuck.
                      Originally Posted by 4nd3h

NC is a P&W thread

Comment

lulz... I'm just saying... I liked them at one point. that counts for something right?
                        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

just kidding man. just kidding man.
                          Good deals: papersun, ETI, Sondeladick, RoboPimp, Baxandall, Hangwire, bHz Econo, stratedge09, Blakemore Effects, Goodhonk, Macadood, Subsauce, Shoe Pedals | TGP: cooptone, pedalfrenzy

Originally Posted by IRG:
                          "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

You know your Mogwai. I went with my girlfriend and we both wore earplugs. She wanted to see how loud it was without earplugs so took one out. She couldn't get the earplug back in fast enough.

Yeah man, I wised up to the ear-plugs after I saw High On Fire in a small club 4 years ago. I wish I would have worn them earlier than that, but better late than never.
                            huh

Comment

They played here recently but I missed them due a festival timetable clash. On the bright side, I saw Portishead, but I'm still a little bummed about it.
                              Great transactions with: Amplifier Worship, lowbrow, Faldoe, seifukusha, squareking, needleTOink, StopReferencing, Aaron SS, Lou-Dog

Comment

Working...
                              X