Saw Mogwai Last Night

Gonkboy

• Members

Saw Mogwai for the first time last night and they were incredible. They played alot of stuff from Hardcore will never die .......... but you will. They sound HUGE! Got to share a drink with them after the show and they are lovely guys.

• Members

I saw them, it was the end of listening to them frankly. I don't remember being more bored at a show.

That happened to me with the band Pelican. Loved their recorded albums, fell asleep at their show and never really listened to them again. :idk:

• Members

You must have been smart and worn earplugs because you aren't complaining about how loud it was

You know your Mogwai. I went with my girlfriend and we both wore earplugs. She wanted to see how loud it was without earplugs so took one out. She couldn't get the earplug back in fast enough. :lol:

I saw them, it was the end of listening to them frankly. I don't remember being more bored at a show.

I thought they were awesome. I expected them to stand around and play their songs which is exactly what they did.

• Members

You know your Mogwai. I went with my girlfriend and we both wore earplugs. She wanted to see how loud it was without earplugs so took one out. She couldn't get the earplug back in fast enough.
:lol:

Yeah man, I wised up to the ear-plugs after I saw High On Fire in a small club 4 years ago. I wish I would have worn them earlier than that, but better late than never.

• Members

love mogwai

fell asleep to the black angels at bonaroo, but in a weird good wya. exhausted from teh day, and the volume (louder than mgowai actually :eek) was messing with my brian in a weird way. i just curled up with the gf and went to sleep. econd thought, thye might have actually made my unconcious :lol:

• Members

They played here recently but I missed them due a festival timetable clash. On the bright side, I saw Portishead, but I'm still a little bummed about it.

dude portishead clashed with flaming lips in sydney, so i got to see mogwai and flaming lips and portishead.

• Members

well, i can appreciate what theyre about, but i just find the music so boring. I can drone and fuzz out all I want myself.

I think thats why I tend to like indie rock and the like, the noise stuff is too simple for me.

anyway, i was asked to join them for their meal or maybe a drink or something and the show, not sure, but meh, Id rather listen to switchfoot.

• Members

i was offered free tickets to this like 5 times, really. the organizers wanted me to go, but I wasnt having it. I hate Mogwai, and I got a sweet gig this week for some instant pedal money, so pass..

hehehehehehehehe tis funny

Archived