The Official Photography Gear Thread

echodeluxe

• Members

okay, this is the thread that i originally thought the other thread was. cool thread no doubt, but i wanna see what you guys use to take photos!

ill start.

Canon AE-1

tumblr_ltg1ufi0V81qlr1blo1_1280.jpg?AWSA

ignore the weird crosshatching I DONT KNOW WHY IT DOES THAT.

i use it with a Canon 50mm 1.8, a Tamron telephoto, a Canon 35mm wide angle (i love it so much) and a Canon zoom lens. I also normally use Kodak or Fujifilm 35mm film. Fujifilm Neopan for b&w (sometimes ill use Ilford but Neopan is my favorite) and Kodak Max for color.

I had a Nikon D60 but i didnt like it much. Id like a Canon G12 though. they look great.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Canon Powershot SX120IS

I think eventually I'd actually like to get something other than a point and shoot. I took a couple photography classes that I really enjoyed but never pursued it further outside class. Maybe sometime in the future...

• Members

I haven't gotten around to photographing my music stuff yet, or my camera stuff for that matter, but I shoot using a D40, mostly with a 50 1.4. Top of the line it ain't, but it forces me to work a little harder, and I've learned a little of Lightroom to compensate. Link to my photography on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10320789@N05/ (including some show photography: Shellac, Everything Goes Cold, MC Lars, etc.)

• Members

I currently have a Canon Rebel t3i but I am going to be selling it tomorrow and getting a Micro 4/3rds camera instead so I can toss it in my back pack. Although I kind of want the Fujifilm X10 so maybe I ought to get that.

Also, films cameras rotate in and out on occasion as I find then at thrift stores, shoot a roll, and then resell them. Right now I have an Olympus Stylus Epic/Mju I point and shoot that I will pass on to someone for cheap once I finish the roll.

• Members

add to this pile a 50mm f1.2 and 24mm f2, and that's my 35mm setup

5456622691_3b3968a828_b.jpg

I also use the Pentacon Six on the right, with 80mm zeiss sonnar f2.8 lens

6145784926_16ca6c6839_z.jpg

Bronica SQA which I'll sell, dont use anymore now that I have the P6. the Bronica has more "feautures" but the P6's shutter can go one stop faster, and the zeiss lens is far nicer than the Bronica's!

6036643205_e6b59018a7_z.jpg

Panasonic GF1 on the right with the 20mm f1.7 pancake. I also use adapters to attach c-mount lenses and my minolta lenses.

4822441872_93cf8e39ba_z.jpg

Yashica Electro 35. no real manual mode, just aperture priority, pics are so sharp! leaf shutters FTW!

5141814326_9499e1163f_z.jpg

also have a Canon 350D, but it's on permanent loan for my gf, who uses it for her blog.

eos350d.jpg

• Members

Canon T2i (loving it)

Minolta Dynax 4 (really nice inexpensive SLR, just hate the price of the batteries, and I am too indecisive and take lots of pictures, not a good combo with film, at least not for ones wallet)

Sony Cybershot DSC H-10 (really underrated awesome digital camera, this is my grab and go for most occasions)

Olympus Stylus 1050 (really nice slim, waterproof and shockproof.... have taken it swimming, river trekking, going in the ocean.... lots of fun, looks a lot classier than any other waterproof camera as well)

• Members

Nice setup, tape! I have much respect for the film, but I would waste so much with my current skill set. Do you digitize or scan your film, and if so, do you go from the negative, from a slide, or from a print?

I scan the film directly, more detail that way!

• Members

Nikon D700

- Nikkor 16-35 f/4.0 G

- Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 G

- Nikkor 70-300 f/3.5-5.6 G

- Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 D

- Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 (D)

- Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 (D and G models)

- Nikkor 60m f/2.8 Macro

- Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 (D)

- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 Macro VCI G

- Nikkor 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 G VCII) (walkaround)

- Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

- Sigma 24-70 f/2.8

Nikon D7000

- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

- Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6)(walkaround)

- Nikkor 35mm f/1.8

- Tamron 28-270mm f/3.5 - 6.0)

- Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

- Tamron 17-35 f/2.8

Nikon D90

Nikon F4 and F100 (w/ any of the full frame lenses)

Canon G11

Canon S95

• Members

MyDryCab.jpg

BODIES:

Nikon D7000 + Grip

Nikon D90 + Grip

Nikon D90 + Grip

Nikon F80 + Grip

Minolta X-700

Minolta XG-1

LENSES:

Nikon 50mm f/1.4D

Nikon 50mm f/1.8G

Nikon 85mm f/1.8D

Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8G

Nikon 60mm f/2.8D

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G

Nikon 12-24mm f/4G

Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D

Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G

Nikon/Holga Lens

Nikon/Lensbaby Composer

Tamron 90mm f/2.8

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

Minolta 50mm f/2

Tokina 28-85mm f/3.5-5.4

Sun 70-210mm f/3.8

OTHER:

Kenko x1.4 Teleconverter

Kenko Extension Tubes

72L Wonderful Dry Cabinet

About to sell a couple of lenses and maybe a body in a few days though.

• Members

Nikon D40 and iPhone cam

I'd kill for a Canon 5d Mk2/3 but that's not gonna happen a long time

:lol:

Sometimes I consider getting a used 5D mki. They routinely go for under a grand. Saw one for $850 last week on the local craigslist! Doesn't have new features, but it's digital full-frame! Can't really go wrong with that!

Have they announced the mkiii? o_O

• Members

I'm waiting until February/ March when the c300 and 1dx are out!

Can't wait to see the 5dmkii's drop! Trying to get one for under 1500

I have a t2i with grip

Hoodeye LCD viewfinder

and a bunch of older Nikon lenses listed below

Nikon:

Series E 28mm f/2.8

Seres E 35mm f/2.5

Series E 50mm f/1.8

Series E 36-72mm f/3.5

Series E 75-150mm f/3.5

Series E 70-210mm f/4

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4

Nikkor 20mm f/3.5 UD

Nikkor 85mm f/1.8

Other Favorites from an ever growing lens collection...

Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.7

Helios 44m-4 58mm f/2

Mamiya Sekor 50mm f/1.4

Super Albinar 400mm f/5.6

Sigma Super-Wide II 24mm f/2.8

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Are there any good/friendly photography boards out there that are good resources for info & answering dumb questions? I think next year is when I get more serious in investing in photography gear (lenses mostly, maybe some lights and a new body or two) and actually put some effort into learning how to properly use things rather than shoot randomly and pick through the garbage for the best shots.

I gotta catalog what I have for insurance purposes, I'll try and throw up some pics or details in the next few days. nothing mind blowing yet.

• Members

GF1/pancake

Recently got an adapter to use my Y/C 1.4 Zeiss Planar but am loth to admit I prefer the colors of the pancake.

You diggin the gf1?

Those look pretty sweet

Zeiss is so nice, but razor sharp. It takes time to warm up to it, or it did my planar 1.7

It is great though,

But if you wanna sell it, shoot me a PM :cop:

• Members

Re: small mirror-less interchangeable format

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Sony and Panasonic models. Also Fuji appears to be getting in. Maybe Canon? Trade show is the middle of next month. More excited about new lenses!

A great time to be getting into photography again.

PMA_CES_banner_942x215.jpg

• Members

Re: small mirror-less interchangeable format

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Sony and Panasonic models. Also Fuji appears to be getting in. Maybe Canon? Trade show is the middle of next month. More excited about new lenses!

A great time to be getting into photography again.

PMA_CES_banner_942x215.jpg

Sounds like I should wait till after CES to choose a 4/3rds to start saving for.

Archived