No announcement yet.

The Official Photography Gear Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets see what youve taken so far with your spankin' nikon, mr big shot

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

• My missus gave me her Zenit-E camera. A russian made analogue camera (from 1971) thats a ****************ing nightmare to set up... love the light sensor on the front though... ive started taking some shots already but will be a few weeks before I can develop them.

The viewfinder on this camera is bloody amazing and comes with the Helios lens too
      The Black Dove Experiment
      EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

• I ****************ing love my Helios!!!

One of the best lenses I've ever seen, It's just gorgeous.

Extremely cheap too.

check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

• lets see what youve taken so far with your spankin' nikon, mr big shot

So far only 3000 self pic shots of me in my bathroom mirror that I play to post on my Myspace.
          Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

• I cannot find a nikon fixed aperture zoom lens

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

• ooohhh ****************kkkk

that 100 L is sharp as a mother****************er

Use a lot of soft light, get dem dank picsssssss

I haven't done a ton of macro stuff, but have enjoyed what I have done

It really just makes me want to buy this or a nicer equivalent of it

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-LED-Light-Macro-Tamron/dp/B003LYF5P2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330631580&sr=8-2

duder, let me know if you ever get this LED ring thing and how it is. looks pretty intriguing and reviews seem to be pretty good
              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

• So far only 3000 self pic shots of me in my bathroom mirror that I play to post on my Myspace.

better be 90% duckface and 10% flexing your abs and biceps.

and shoulda bought a Rebel T3i subsy i say screw fixed aperture zoom lens. you need it for shooting video or something right? whats wrong with the stock zoom lens?

Comment

• better be 90% duckface and 10% flexing your abs and biceps.

and shoulda bought a Rebel T3i subsy i say screw fixed aperture zoom lens. you need it for shooting video or something right? whats wrong with the stock zoom lens?

Welp, it has that issue where you zoom in and the image gets darker as you go. Though I was doing some reading and I guess the D5100 can force the lens to go fixed?

Comment

• I cannot find a nikon fixed aperture zoom lens

There aren't too many to begin with, and all of them are very expensive. Tamron or Sigma would be an easier route.

The basic Nikkor fixed aperture zoom lenses are:

24-70mm f/2.8 (about $1,800)

70-200 f/2.8 (about $2,300, a classic sports and action lens)

16-35mm f/4.0 (about $1,200) (pretty much the sharpest wide angle zoom on the market; Canon has nothing comparable)

17-50mm f/2.8 (about $,1500) (a favorite for landscape shooters).

24-120mm f/4.0 (about $1,400)

All of these are full frame lenses, so you have to apply the 1.5x crop factor to get equivalent focal lengths for your Dx system camera. For example, the 16-35 works out to be the equivalent of a 24-50 on your camera, which is very nice as a walkaround lens. Nikkor does not make a dedicated Dx fixed aperture zoom lens. However, I have the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 wide angle zoom, which is made for Dx systems. Works out to about 16-24mm on your camera (and my D7000 and D90) and is simply a fantastically sharp wide angle lens, recommended and used by pros. Just a great lens. Just under a grand now, I think, and worth every penny.

As I said, Sigma and Tamron make equivalent lenses at about 1/2 the price of the Nikkors, but I prefer the Nikkors simply because they are the best lenses available.

Comment

• weird. have you tried shooting video with it and this happens?? stick some binoculars in front of the lens

and so we determined that you cant in fact use a canon lens on a nikon? or was it the other way around

Comment

• There aren't too many to begin with, and all of them are very expensive. Tamron or Sigma would be an easier route.

The basic Nikkor fixed aperture zoom lenses are:

24-70mm f/2.8 (about $1,800)

16-35mm f/4.0 (about $1,200) (pretty much the sharpest wide angle zoom on the market; Canon has nothing comparable)

17-50mm f/2.8 (about $,1500) (a favorite for landscape shooters).

24-120mm f/4.0 (about $1,400)

All of these are full frame lenses, so you have to apply the 1.5x crop factor to get equivalent focal lengths for your Dx system camera. For example, the 16-35 works out to be the equivalent of a 24-50 on your camera, which is very nice as a walkaround lens.

As I said, Sigma and Tamron make equivalent lenses at about 1/2 the price of the Nikkors, but I prefer the Nikkors simply because they are the best lenses available.

Thanks for the heads up. Those are probably far out of my price range as a beginner. Is there any lens that you would recommend that does a great job for video more in the 2-300 range? Or is that asking too much? Also am I right about being able to set aperture priority while shooting video to keep a more steady lighting in a shot?

Comment

• weird. have you tried shooting video with it and this happens?? stick some binoculars in front of the lens

and so we determined that you cant in fact use a canon lens on a nikon? or was it the other way around

Yeah I've tried it. I don't know about canon vs nikon. Seems like I should stick with nikon though.

Comment

• ^^^Can't use Canon EF on Nikon. Also, I'll let you know about the ring light thanggg, probably going to order one soon to check out^^

Subs, I'd look into other manufacturers for a 17-50 f/2.8 or so.

Tamron, Tokina, Sigma, all make ones that have varying strengths and weaknesses.
                            check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

• ^^^Can't use Canon EF on Nikon. Also, I'll let you know about the ring light thanggg, probably going to order one soon to check out^^

Subs, I'd look into other manufacturers for a 17-50 f/2.8 or so.

Tamron, Tokina, Sigma, all make ones that have varying strengths and weaknesses.

thats too bad, i would have sent you my stock canon 18-55mm EFS IS lens subs, it has been good for video for me

Comment

• thats too bad, i would have sent you my stock canon 18-55mm EFS IS lens subs, it has been good for video for me

Yeah what a pile of ****************. I'm going to smash my camera when I get home and then my girlfriend will stab me. Thanks for the thought though! I'm gonna try to capture some video at band practice tonight see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X