Aussie Music

A.P. Ryder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favourites:

Laura, My Disco, Batrider (Fuck you NZ! We're claiming them as our own), The Hauntingly Beautiful Mousemoon (my favourite band ever but they broke up a while ago), Tim McMillan Group, Morning and The Sleepy Kids, The Beings, Parkway Drive, Five Venoms, ... uh, I can't remember much more. The forum would probably get a kick out of the ones I've highlighted.

The only bands I can listen to over and over locally are Batrider and Tim McMillan. The rest are kind of a "what's the weather like?" situation.

i.e. Will refuse to listen to HBMM with friends around :lol: ALL MINE!:mad::thu:

• Members

The most entertaining, most enthralling band I have ever seen... they actually hurt my ears more than Mogwai did with the amount of volume used at times. Anyway, they're all broken-up like now and only were together for a short time. Amazing, amazing band...

The Hauntingly Beautiful Mousemoon

[video=youtube;of6a4kVwPb4]

[video=youtube;ZIAML2NQVls]

This one didn't embed either.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qz-QqNsslo

• Members

Someone mentioned The Drones in another thread and I looked them up. Day-yum! Sounds good - music ordered. Then read about The Scientists. Day-yum again! Music ordered. Any other underground Aussie music that is under the radar? Kiwis chime in, too!

That woulda been me!

There is some great music coming out of Australia!

The Drones

[video=youtube;P9Er_RXGFCE]

Eddie Current Suppression Ring

[video=youtube;pIX6YbpJ5wM]

Tame Impala (the Bass players girlfriend once passed out on my shoulder at a party and stayed there for several hours while i was fooling around with another girl)

[video=youtube;vxvf7gR4-2M]

And of course :D

[video=youtube;GMuAnEdSJ1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMuAnEdSJ1Q

[video=vimeo;31644508]

Archived