Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried one of these? The doubling and chorus modes sound like they could produce some cool soundz.

Oh man... I forgot about that one!!! Never played one but I would buy it in a second if I ever found one!
    DanoProVelcroarSynthWahFL9TU3212R

Comment

For some odd reason, the OD-2 (turbo overdrive) is really quiet. It sounds pretty cool though.

Also, the DF-2 (Super Feedbacker & Distortion), if you get one dated before '89, it's pretty much a MIJ DS-1(I think) with the addition of the feedbacker mode.
      BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
      Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I really liked the XT-2. I know the SD-2 was popular over at TGP for a bit. Also, I don't find the HM-2 that "nasty". It's like a muff-voiced Rat.
        This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
        A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
        It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
        As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
        -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

I have no desire to try some of the newer ones like the Power Stack and Combo Drive.

I don't know. The Power Stack is actually kind of cool. It's probably not for everyone, but I think it has some strong points.
          If we heard mortar shells,we'd cuss more in our songs,and cut down on guitar solos. Good transactions with: thewizardsofhop, moon shadow, blanknotice, stacco, grayeyes777, Frankenstrat86, Crxsh, Blurillaz, gtrwiz, H.P. Lovecraft, Sovtek50, gorebuc, Stevenglass, Spectermagic, fever606, anibawl, Gaetano Paul, iamthearm, Aaron SS, starmansam, J Werner

Comment

I have two old OD-2 Turbo Overdrives. Worth checking out.
            London Jazz Guitar Society: http://www.meetup.com/LondonJazzGuitarSociety/

Comment

I don't know. The Power Stack is actually kind of cool. It's probably not for everyone, but I think it has some strong points.

Yeah, I like mine.
              My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

I've always wanted to try one of these, but the 99% chance I'd be really disappointed in it has always made me see sense.

This was the first pedal I ever owned. I thought it was amazing at the time.

Trust me, you don't want one (bees).

Still got it somewhere.

Comment

I've heard good things about the PW-2 ... supposedly something of a muff alternative (don't know how true that is, or if it resembles the circuit at all). I bought a MD-2 for like 40 bucks on ebay kinda by accident. Very heavy and full. Didn't keep it that long because I wanted the few extra bucks that I could get by selling it, but it seemed like it might be worth exploring more for those heavy HUM like tones (then again just get a soundtank right?).

Comment

im the opposite I pretty much ignore Boss until I saw Pete Thorns Power Stack and Combo demos. Now I want both!

I think Vince Gill uses a Turbo Distortion.

stuff:
                    52RI Tele
                    Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                    more stuff:
                    65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                    Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

This is how an HM-2 sounds:

It is also the ONLY way you can make it sound
                      --------
                      GOOD DEALS WITH : Kayzer; JorisBlack x ∞; neoflox x ∞; deviever

Originally Posted by Goldenglove:
                      Mojo not needed. A gun, however, would be nice. Or a baseball bat.

Originally Posted by TravvyBear:
                      You mean did I preform oral on her? No way bro. We just made out, then I fingered her, then she blew me, then I told her I had to do homework.

Comment

SD-2 is my favorite boss dirt ever
                        ARC Effects
                        ARC Effects On Facebook

List of Positive Transactions

Comment

this thing can get some great sounds! always a handy box to have.
                          Sensational deals with: Gearmanndude, LameAim, DougDeeper, Jimosity, Jnichols2727, kreeper_6, paulco, Aaron SS (x3) Fetch, DonaldDemon, Eburst, OldGtrNovice, Crxsh, dyer_maker, ToonHollow (x2)

Bad Deals/Scammers: Mewithoutlouie

Comment

I own a bunch of Boss dirt, most of them. I like them all except the MD-2, that one was a bigtime miss. the Metalizer is cool, one of my faves. the Boss ODB-3 bass od works well for guitar too, Buzz Osbourne uses one.
                            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

yeah the bass overdrive, sounds pretty gnarly for guitar, especially if ur plaing slide stuff.
                              Sensational deals with: Gearmanndude, LameAim, DougDeeper, Jimosity, Jnichols2727, kreeper_6, paulco, Aaron SS (x3) Fetch, DonaldDemon, Eburst, OldGtrNovice, Crxsh, dyer_maker, ToonHollow (x2)

Bad Deals/Scammers: Mewithoutlouie

Comment

One of these days I'll grab an MD-2 for $30 or so, just to see what's up...

the EQ is crazy and its hard to get the sweet spot. Always to much bass... same with treble... the distortion texture is complete different and not the typical 80's br00tz style. Anyway, try also some low gain settings
                                Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Working...
                                X