Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, so MXR makes both the Micro Amp and the Booster-Line Driver...what is the difference between the two that makes up the $20 in cost?

I have owned both, the Booster/Line Driver has a flat EQ and incredible clarity. The Microamp gets a little loose and flubby in the low end to my ears. The Booster/Line Driver also has a pretty blue LED, never underestimate the power of a blue LED.
    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Damn nice!

I'll +1 this, sure.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Creation Audio Labs MK 4.23 is the best clean boost pedal.
        Gibson J 45
        Taylor 614ce
        Guild D 55 Tacoma
        Taylor 110
        Guild DCE-5 Westerly
        Epiphone Masterbilt DR 500M
        Breedlove Atlas Stage D25 SM
        Martin Sigma
        Fender Nashville Telecaster
        Agile 3100
        Gibson Les Paul Gold Top P90's

Comment

This is going to sound odd, but the Boss FZ-2 has a clean boost mode that is pretty amazing. I didn't have any trouble finding one used and it was under $100 - plus the fuzzes sound pretty good, too.
          deals with: -Juggernaut-; Shooto; CicadaSilence; Cheebus; 59Vampire; hivedestruction; dotlikeimpact; xjordanx

Comment

Some of these suggestions seem rather expensive for such a simple task.
            - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

the mxr/cae boost/line driver is excellent for this. you can find one used for like 60-70 bucks. no tone coloring whatsoever, a lot of boost on tap
              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

The clean side is pure clean boost (one of the best imo). You can mix between total clean or a TS-808 that's on the other side.

Comment

You want something with a tone knob with the Class 5 IMO, that amp gets brighter as you turn it up (at least mine does). A Fromel UP! has worked well for me.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, the MXR/CAE Boost/Line Driver seems just what I'm looking for. I'll have to check out an EQ also (the MXR 10-Band EQ looks cool, has a dedicated volume control...though it is more pricey than the Boost/Line Driver).
                    MySpace Music

My Gear:
                    Acoustics: Martin D16RGT, Taylor GA3, Martin OMCPA4
                    Electrics: Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang
                    Effects: Line 6 POD HD300
                    Amplification: Marshall Class5, PreSonus TubePRE, Phonic Powerpod 410/S710

Comment

You want something with a tone knob with the Class 5 IMO, that amp gets brighter as you turn it up (at least mine does). A Fromel UP! has worked well for me.

Yeah, I do notice that with any drastic increase in volume on the Class5, though not too much with small increases. I do want to basically allow myself to have this amp on "2 settings" via footswitch, but to retain (as much as absolutely possible) the actual amp's tone/feel/gain at each of those settings (so that it would really be just like I walked over to the amp mid-song and adjusted the volume dial).
                      MySpace Music

My Gear:

Comment

MXR/CAE Booster-line driver.

I also have this an recommend it.f
                        Originally Posted by MahiMahi
                        I wonder what happens to the old donkeys?

Comment

Some of these suggestions seem rather expensive for such a simple task.

This is HCFX you know.
                          Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

How about any overdrive pedal but with the gain at zero? As soon as you turn up the gain knob that's when you begin to add the overdrive's character to your sound, but at zero you aren't adding any.

Comment

How about any overdrive pedal but with the gain at zero? As soon as you turn up the gain knob that's when you begin to add the overdrive's character to your sound, but at zero you aren't adding any.

I don't think that's true? If you did that with a TS9/808, wouldn't you still get the mid bump?
                              MySpace Music

My Gear:

Comment

Hey,

So, I'm looking for a clean boost to use with my Marshall Class5, with no coloration or EQ shenanigans going on inside (transparent is key).

My goal is to kick on the boost to emulate the volume knob on the amp going up from 4 to 5~6 (via a stomp box, so that I wouldn't need to keep manually tweaking the volume at the amp).

Looking to spend under $100 for this.

Thanks!

Volume knob on your guitar - it's free.

Comment

Working...
                                X