Totally off-topic: Zip lines

Phil O'Keefe

I used to be a zip line fiend... we'd jump off the platform and do a half-backflip and wrap our legs around the strap and ride the thing while hanging upside down - and facing backwards. Just make sure you do a sit-up before you get to the end of the line... :lol:

The pig commercial is really similar to one of the places where I used to do that... it was probably a 1,200' line that ran across a pine tree-filled canyon with a good 300' of air below you at the center. LOADS of fun - if you ever have the opportunity to try it, I highly recommend it. It's a blast.

• Members

Did it in Costa Rica too. Zip line to a waterfall/cliff jump. Some guy in our group slipped off the rocks and fell about 15 ft onto rocks and then rolled into the water. Me and the guides had to basically lift/push him back up the rocks and then the ladders up to the zip line (only way out). Probably had a broken hip. Very scary to see.

But the zip line part was amazing.

• Members

By the time it was my turn to ride one at scout camp they had to close it because the kid in front of my {censored} his pants while riding it. He pretty much shat himself halfway down the length of the thing and once he hit the sudden de-acceleration point near the end of the line, his body whiplashed forward and all the {censored} slungshot its way out of the bottom of his shorts and onto the crowd of adults and cable operators below. Since everyone had to hose off, there was nobody to run the thing and they opted to close it for the rest of the weekend so I unfortunately never got to ride one. Looks fun though.

• Members

In Cabo...it was fun but they kind of rushed you through the course. And my wife liked it less because on that one you used your hand to break and because she's shorter she couldn't reach back so far to stabilize herself and found she would twist. It was very hot climbing from one place to the next but the rappel down a 100' cliff face was more fun than the ziplines IMO

• Members

Have you ever done anything like this?

yeah, up north here there are lots of ropes courses for "team building and other HR bull{censored}."

they are okay. the harness is like getting kicked in the balls all the way down though, so thats fun. the ones that go over rivers and gorges and {censored}... no thanks. too much risk for too little reward

• Members

lol love that commercial too phil :thu:

and i've only been ziplining at my friend's place in his back yard. relatively short and not too exciting, goes over some shrubs and a lake, but its still a ton of fun. and not strapped in to it, you can just hang on if you want and let go and go flying into the lake or whatever..

would love to go on a real one

Archived