Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Yep - all of us internet gear nerds are definitely a different breed. All of my musician friends **************** their pants when they see my board because it's so far removed from what most musicians choose to use. One of my best friends (who I was in a ****************ty high school band with) has always been semi into effects because I had some effects. He has a few pedals (DE7, Small Stone, and a TW Muff) and plays through a Marshall MG 30 and has ****************ing amazing tone. He has this awesome dirty clean that he boosts with the muff and it sounds great - because he focuses more on using what he has instead of buying a **************** load of new toys to chase the same tone. In my mind I'm probably still a better guitar player and have better tone, but he is a much better musician than I am. It's just different means to the same end.

2. Holy ****************, when did Raleigh get so hipstery?
    Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

if mhux quits i quit. i need a rival.
      yep

Comment

I think you just need to flip the script. Go to Art school and wear golf shirts and khaki's. blue tooth earpiece is optional. then paint the most out-there **************** ever. they will all wonder how this dude just schooled them and have an epiphany that they should spend less time worrying about being a hipster and focus more on their art skrillz.
        MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

maybe their geeky about other things? like paint brushes or cameras or something?
          good deals with: nearly everyone.
          Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

I had an epiphany last night, only to wake up in a pool of my own piss.

youtube
            soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

maybe their geeky about other things? like paint brushes or cameras or something?

or making incredible music
              Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

retired.

Comment

who the **************** is fetch?
                  Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

well that is one way of looking at it...and we talked about that stuff a bit...they said my pedal board & moogerfoogers looked fun & the sounds were awesome.

but the point is...this guy didn't know jack **************** about pedals, effects, whatever....but their sound was incredible...the sounds they made were awe inspiring....just made me realize that chasing "that sound" has jack **************** to do with making great music....the strat they played was some Lotus brand....but their music was beyond amazing.

what do they use for their sound then?? just guitar --> amp with a clean and dirty channel or something?? no tuner even? no pedals whatsoever?? it cant be...
                    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

or making incredible music

Yeah Matt's keep'n it real.

Comment

who the **************** is fetch?

retired.

Comment

the black girls left titty ain't bouncing?
                          MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

the black girls left titty ain't bouncing?

takes more skillz.
                            retired.

Comment

Your post really is kind of a no brainer, but I've definitely been there and am not gonna hate.

I have a buddy from another band who plays a garbage rig (a squier strat and some $200 Bugera) and if your eyes were closed you'd think he had the rig of the gods.

The key is acknowledging that music and music gear are seperate interests and hobbies. Make sure you don't let your music suffer just because you are waiting to compile the perfect rig before you start writing.

Comment

what do they use for their sound then?? just guitar --> amp with a clean and dirty channel or something?? no tuner even? no pedals whatsoever?? it cant be...

for guitar i think it was just a guitar into a really reverbed out fender.

but it was all the other stuff they had.....really great drum loops/samples with a real drummer playing off of it. and then more percussion.

an old lowry organ run thru a boss RE-20. another sampler & a vocal mic run thru an RE-20.

bass. lots of other instruments...mandolin that sounded insane through a Fender amp with tons of reverb.

all their amps were solid state fenders.

and before you get all RE-20 is a delay pedal!!!....that guy wasn't playing them...and he was talking about a delay pedal that has a looper & all kinds of weird stuff.
                                Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Working...
                                X