Why do you rag on Nickelback...

Naterel

• Members

when you listen to Danzig?

That's what my friend said to her boyfriend as he was going on about Nickelback.

I guess we all have some soft spot for certain bad bands

Do you think Nickelback did something right at some point? Did the lizard people decide that's what we like so that's why they're up there with the Beatles?

• Members

FWIW, I rag on Creed much more than I rag on Nickelback.

Nickelback is just a {censored}ty band that I don't care about. Creed genuinely bothers me for some reason.

EDIT: And Danzig is somebody I just like to make fun of as a person. I like The Misfits.

• Members

when I was in Heathrow airport a month ago I saw NB, they walked by me about thirty feet away. I noticed Chad immediately, I couldn't look away, he saw me looking at him, our eyes locked. (fap fap...j/k) it was kind of funny because absolutely nobody noticed them but me. I've had bandmates that played (drums) with them and another that lived with them in the early days. they were just a bar band that got noticed by Roadrunner, Chad kept writing songs and now they live in mansions. I don't care for their music but I respect their paycheques and courage to be themselves when they know they're so hated. Danzig is cool too, takes himself quite seriously which can be comical at times.

• Members

I'm not a Danzig expert, but I'm pretty sure they -at least at some point in the past- really meant what they were doing, and they would have kept playing even if the succes didn't follow. Maybe they still are in it for the right reasons, I couldn't care less, my point is just...Nickleback is a grown-up version of the Jonas Brothers, for adult neanderthals. Calculated, planned, thought through, slick...And fake as a $3 bill.

{censored}ty music is {censored}ty music, to each their own. But when you're not for real you deserve to get mocked. At least when you're succesful:)

• Members

Being Canadian raises the D-bag level of Nickelback a notch above Danzig.

America made Nickelback what they are more than Canada ever did. (influences, popularity, record sales) Being from Canada is their only redeeming quality.

Admit it Hiwatt. Knowing that Nickelback are that one step removed from you helps you to make it through the day.

• Members

I don't like Danzig, the Misfits (worst band I've ever seen live, actually), Nickelback, or Creed. Tell your friend to bring it on.

If you saw the Misfits anytime post 1983 you just saw the {censored}head bassist cashing in on the name with 2 other guys that were never in the band. Not to say they were an amazing live band ever (they were a small time punk band while they were together), but it's not "the same".

Archived