If you had to have 1 METAL axe, what would it be?

dZjupp

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Les Paul Custom Silverburst, EMG pickups, like my pals in Mastodon. (although in this pic, Bill's LP doesn't have EMG's, although I think he's using them now.)

Bill-Kelliher-1.jpg

The flying V silverburst is pretty cool too:

Brent-Hinds-Silverburst-V.jpg

• Members

Les Pauls will get the job done. Not even worried about hot pickups anymore either, with the right selection of base amp tone and gain, the clarity of low output humbuckers works better for me. My LP has the 490/498 set but I'm throwing some BKP Mules in there.

• Members

Les Pauls will get the job done. Not even worried about hot pickups anymore either, with the right selection of base amp tone and gain, the clarity of low output humbuckers works better for me. My LP has the 490/498 set but I'm throwing some BKP Mules in there.

+1. Hot pickups suck anyway for the most part. Hot pickups do not necessarily equal good high gain tone.

• Members

kelliher is using emgs? since when?

Don't quote me, but I think in a recent Premier Guitar magazine article, he talks about using EMGs now, and found that they work great in their setup. It may just be one guitar he uses, I don't think he's switched all of his guitars to that setup, but one in particular that made its way to the Hunter cd.

• Members

ESP Horizon. I had a few killer ones in the past when I worked for ESP, but my metal phase is over and done with.

I've always wanted a horizon, mainly due to my Page hamilton following. but the newest ones with the fixed bridge look pretty bad ass

HorizonNTII_DBSB.jpg

• Members

^ I had the See-Thru Black (quilt-top) model of the NTII, and a sweet BMF Custom run. Amazing, quality guitars.

i forgot it was you that worked for them, i remember someone around here did. They seem like a really cool company. I've been reading good reviews on their worn vintage stuff from the ltd side.

• Members

i forgot it was you that worked for them, i remember someone around here did. They seem like a really cool company. I've been reading good reviews on their worn vintage stuff from the ltd side.

Yea, I was able to get the models available overseas- which were much cooler than the U.S. models. Great company indeed! Some days I miss them, but then I remember how much money I actually invested in them and how I enjoy my Classic MIM Fenders much more. :lol:

Archived